Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flowmaster Muffler?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes
This thread got me interested in a flowmaster 40 series. Any of you guys running this on a two door? Any type of evap relocation needed?

I would just buy Woods kit, but I have no welder so I think the local muffler shop will have to do this one.
The 40 is small, nothing to do with evap relocation , I know that for a fact on the 4dr, I don't think it would be any different on a 2dr, it goes in the same place your stock one does except it is about half the size. Unless you re-locate your muffler right next to the evap I don't see any probs. I'll be ordering the evap re-lo woods kit in a couple weeks($) along with his hardtop fix and I also need a tailgate fix, I Been savin Wood's!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woods
Hey guys, I've got a couple of mufflers laying around. I used them for testing, so they literally have about 4 minutes of run time on them. Look brand new. 1-Borla, 1-Flowmaster, 1-Magnaflow. I'd take $50 each plus shipping. If interested, please send me an email

brett@JeepSWAG.com
i emailed you from tsispyder97@aol.com
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had a FM Delta 50 in mine for about six months. Sounds great and there was definitely an improvement in performance. Nothing huge, but noticeable. There is not so much shifting around on hills.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Woods
Hey guys, I've got a couple of mufflers laying around. I used them for testing, so they literally have about 4 minutes of run time on them. Look brand new. 1-Borla, 1-Flowmaster, 1-Magnaflow. I'd take $50 each plus shipping. If interested, please send me an email

brett@JeepSWAG.com
email sent.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I have an 80 series Flowmaster on mine. It looks like duals and sounds great. It's got a nice deep pitched rumble, especially when you let off the gas.

Here's a pic of it on the Jeep. The muffler shop charged me $200 for everything, muffler and install. They even gave me a ride to the bar down the road, so I could get burger and a beer.

Underneath.

Aftermath from the Fall Texas Spur Jeep Jamboree.

When I get a few extra bucks, I'm gonna get the muffler shop to chop off the ends, so they're level with the rear of the bumper.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 40 and it is tucked up under the driver side. You are correct paying for a catback is silly when you just have to go to a muffler shop and they can do it for much less. Mine cost me $250 and you know how much the catbacks are. I think it sounds pretty good, wish it was a little deeper tone but that is more a function of the motor, i think.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I paid to have a flowmaster 40 series relocated under the driver and I love it. Nice sound and price.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have any good pics of the FM 40 relocated to a nice safe off road spot? I am looking to get mine done this week and the shop told me to bring in pics of what I am looking to do. Two of my friends just got theirs done this week. One went with the magnaflow and the other the FM 40. I have to say for the money, I would just do the FM 40. Saved him over 300 bucks and sounds awesome. Magnaflow sounds nice as well, but just not sure it is worth ponying up the extra green for.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy,
I just had a flowmaster 60 installed on my 11 two door. It is in the back where the stocker was. This muffler is designed for 4 and 6 cylinder engines. It has a nice deep tone and most important to me it doesnt have any interior drone. It is the deepest sounding 6 cylinder that I have ever heard. Sorry I cant post a sound clip but my antique dial up computer cant handle anything that modern. Have a goodun!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OldTex
Howdy,
I just had a flowmaster 60 installed on my 11 two door. It is in the back where the stocker was. This muffler is designed for 4 and 6 cylinder engines. It has a nice deep tone and most important to me it doesnt have any interior drone. It is the deepest sounding 6 cylinder that I have ever heard. Sorry I cant post a sound clip but my antique dial up computer cant handle anything that modern. Have a goodun!!!!
Just wondering what size your out let pipe's are. 2.50" or 2.25"

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Muffler?