Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Floorboard thump/clunk after lift install?

Old 06-13-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I think I might have just figured out what's going on (knock on wood)...

Took the doors off to enjoy the nice weather this weekend, flipped the sunrider back on Trektop and hit the road. I immediately noticed the thumping on the floorboard, this time at low speeds. Picked my son up from daycare and got it up to about 50mph, floorboard thump the entire time. It started looking like rain so I flipped the sunrider closed and to my surprise the thumping stopped...open it back up and it starts again.

Long story short, the wind/bumps/etc was causing the header bar on my Trektop to pick up and slam back down. Since my 2 year old is the only one who ever rides in the back seat there was nobody to tell me what was going on. Hoping this is all it is. It's repeatable and predictable so I'm thinking it is.

Nothing like something completely obvious to make you feel dumb!

Quick Reply: Floorboard thump/clunk after lift install?