Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Floor Jack Height for Lift Install?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Jack Height for Lift Install?

Is 19.25" enough lift to be able to drop the axle enough to replace shocks/springs? The only higher ones I'm finding are 6 ton jacks (which get you 24" of lift and cost a LOT more).

Thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Harbor freight 3 ton jack stands to install my 3.5" lift kit. The website says they go up to 16" so i would think your 19" stands would work just fine
Old 08-02-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Croce
I used Harbor freight 3 ton jack stands to install my 3.5" lift kit. The website says they go up to 16" so i would think your 19" stands would work just fine
That's surprising to me, I would think it would be not nearly enough height to work with. Alrighty then, I guess it should work! Thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

It should be enough for 2.5" springs. If you have taller springs, you'd obviously need to raise it higher. In any case, you can slip a few 2x4's between the jack and the pumpkin to get more height.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, 19" worked! We really had to drop the axle all the way to the floor to pop in those taller springs, but it was definitely doable!

Thanks! Got the lift on, and my Treadwright 33's! Lovin' the look/feel, can't wait to go wheeling!

Quick Reply: Floor Jack Height for Lift Install?