Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Floor Jack

Old 06-13-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO if you are going to own a Jeep and do the maintenance or mods yourself, you need to own or have access to a 3 ton floor jack. I bought a 3 ton floor jack from Harbor Freight for about $75 or less and it works fine.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkJason
You don't need to jack the whole front up to install a lift. I think you guys are making it more difficult than it has to be. If you need more height make a jack stand for the stock jack or a small hydraulic. To change a flat on the road its best to jack from the axle. To install a lift or do other suspension parts work you need the axle free so you lift and support from the frame.
amen jkjason. i just did this very thing this w/end when installimg my lift. used the stock jack w/stands. no issues whatsoever. lift was succesful. it isn't that hard. removing the bolt from the top of the front shock mount...now that was a freakin nightmare!!!

Last edited by revolucion!; 06-16-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unless you people tell me about something else, I will be getting a floor jack to raise and mount new 35" tires/wheels on a 3" lifted JK. What height do I need? Should I lift from the frame, just past the control are brackets, from the diff, or from the axle?

Last edited by Waiting; 09-04-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I put a 2.5 lift on my JK and I did it with standard jack stands and the scissor jack. I know, I hate scissor jacks too but it is what I had. With the standard jack stands on the frame I was forced to remove the wheels before my axle would droop enough to change out the coils, but with patience it was not too bad. Just be sure to rent a coil compressor.

Quick Reply: Floor Jack