Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flipped E-Disco vs. Winch Mount

Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipped E-Disco vs. Winch Mount

I’m looking for input from anyone who has a recessed winch mount AND has flipped the Rubi swaybar motor for better clearance/protection…

On my old ’08 X, I completely removed the chin bar and swapped out the factory sway bar for an Anti-Rock. I also built my own front bumper using a TJ winch plate secured below the frame rails, which sunk the winch down nicely between the rails. I haven’t removed the factory bumper on my ’09 Rubi yet, but I have a feeling I won’t be able to do what I did on my '08 because of the Rubi e-disco motor, especially if I flip it? Anyone have pics or comments on this combination?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LoD mid-width bumper and flipped my e-disco. It's a tight fit. Not the greatest pictures, but the best I have at the moment:

Old 05-17-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2011 Rubicon and also the lod midwidth front bumper. Just did the swaybar disconnect motor flip this weekend. Went off without a hitch!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I have a 2011 Rubicon and also the lod midwidth front bumper. Just did the swaybar disconnect motor flip this weekend. Went off without a hitch!
OK, please be patient. What does one do for a swaybar disconnect motor flip? I assume it's to get the e-disco out of the way, but is there a write-up? Didn't find on in the Write-Up Forum, but then again, I might not have searched correctly.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Owl
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Corona Doug
Watch this video and I don't remember where... it shows what a flipped e-disconnect is and how to do it... Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0gHcuc2eT4
Thanks!! Appreciate the response.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Owl
Thanks!! Appreciate the response.
FWIW I was able to pick up a m10 x 1.5 x 100mm bolt at lowes along with 2 x 1/2" spacer sleeves to do the relocate. Only cost a few $ for everything...

Quick Reply: Flipped E-Disco vs. Winch Mount