Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flex problem

Old 11-11-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flex problem

I have the rock krawler 3.5 X factor and my rear track bar is bottoming out on my bump stop on passenger side has anyone else had this problem.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post a picture so we can see what is happening?
Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexer07
I have the rock krawler 3.5 X factor and my rear track bar is bottoming out on my bump stop on passenger side has anyone else had this problem.
if the bumpstop extensions are anything like teraflex's, they extend forward from the axle to allow users to push their rear axle back and still retain a proper bumpstop pad. You may have them on backwards
Old 11-12-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rotate the track bar back a little bit.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:18 AM
JK Freak

The track bar mounting location is hitting the bump stop bad. So rotating the track bar will not help. I do have teraflex bump stops that extend forward.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Are your arms adjusted to the correct lenght? I installed a buddy of mines lift, and his trackbar bolt was coming in contact with the bumpstops. We were able to trim the bumpstops to clear(His stops were steel.)
I recently installed another guys 3.5 X-Factor kit on a 4dr, and didn't have that issue at all when arms were adjusted to RK specs.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is your pinion rotated? I had to trim my bump stop a bit and reverse the track bar bolt to fix mine.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Yes, I have seen that exact problem with the rock krawler kit. Made a new track bar bracket for a couple of people to solve the problem.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ttechris
Are your arms adjusted to the correct lenght? I installed a buddy of mines lift, and his trackbar bolt was coming in contact with the bumpstops. We were able to trim the bumpstops to clear(His stops were steel.) I recently installed another guys 3.5 X-Factor kit on a 4dr, and didn't have that issue at all when arms were adjusted to RK specs.
Originally Posted by Mello03
Is your pinion rotated? I had to trim my bump stop a bit and reverse the track bar bolt to fix mine.
when I installed the lift I used the measure man for the adjustable control arms. And it moved the axle back and rotated it. But seems if I didn't have bump stops at all the track bar bracket would still contact the bump stop pad on axle. I would post a picture but the iphone app is jacked up lol
Old 11-13-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

You try loosening both jam nuts and rotating the track bar away a little ?

I've also seen a few people double shear the frame side mount.

Quick Reply: Flex problem