Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flat tow bar that hooks to d-ring mounts?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat tow bar that hooks to d-ring mounts?

Does anyone have a flat tow rig that hooks to the d-ring mounts on an aftermarket bumper?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

Not sure about using the d-ring mounts, but I know Chris at LoD has custom built a few bumpers with tabs for specific tow bars.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tpafire5
Does anyone have a flat tow rig that hooks to the d-ring mounts on an aftermarket bumper?
Check AEV bumpers

Check https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ow+bar+install

Then do a search for more on the subject here. There are a lot of posts on it.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

I already have an aftermarket bumper that is why I was asking about one for the shackle mounts. I did a search and it didn't yield the answers I was looking for.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

What kind of towing are you going to be doing? I guess a better question is how much are you planning on spending on the tow bar? Or do you already have it?

I'm waiting for the call that my bumpers are ready from LoD. I sent them the "universal bracket kit" for a Blue Ox towbar that they welded onto the bumper for me. This is for towing behind a 35' motorhome for significant distances. There are MUCH cheaper alternatives out there, but I'm not sure I'm willing to trust my $30k jeep to a $49 Harbor Freight tow bar that just happens to have the right sized holes to fit my D-ring mounts.

Then again, if you're just getting it for an emergency "get me home!" option, something like that might work.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Freak

Default Tow bar hooked to d ring mounts

I am getting ready to tow my 2dr with my new motor home. 4 wheel parts sells a tow bar and separate mounts that connect to D ring mounts. Looks like a simple way to tow.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Rampage makes the D ring adapter. I got mine are 4 wheel parts,it. Works well with my Reese tow bar. No problems.

Quick Reply: Flat tow bar that hooks to d-ring mounts?