Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Flat Fenders to go with?

Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by centerfieldr162
DAMN! That sucks. I know that Xenons used to have a problem with sagging from the sun but from what I know they now have an inner brace that prevents this.
I would think (ok hope) that Xenon would replace those for free. That is an unacceptable product defect.

Did they (or are they going to) make it right for him?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if the inner supports were added to the product before I got mine but I have them under my fenders and there is no way they can warp like that picture. So it comes down to xenon added reinforcement or they weren't installed properly. When I rubbed mine against a tree they have an obvious bend to them until you get them out into the sun then they return to there original shape as stated by xenon. Even with the paint issues I would still recommend these to anyone.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by centerfieldr162
DAMN! That sucks. I know that Xenons used to have a problem with sagging from the sun but from what I know they now have an inner brace that prevents this.
i just got my xenon flares in last week and they now come with braces for both the front and rear flares. they also say in the warranty that they are garranteed not to warp in the sun and if they do they will replace them under warranty. havnt had a chance to get them painted or installed yet but will diffinatly post pics once done. just holding them up beside the originals they are noticably wider than stock.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some people here have suggested that the OP cut back his factory flares.

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
Originally Posted by RubiKing
You should chop your fenders first, the price is right. And if you don't like the look you can buy some flat fenders.
Originally Posted by lvdoug
... alot of my friends just cut the stock fenders. take your time and tape off the fenders right, then cut!
In his original post, the op was asking for a solution to having MORE coverage, a wider flare than stock.

Originally Posted by brother ika
...I need at least 2" extra tire coverage over stock...
I don't know how the math works, but I'm failing to see how cutting some of the stock fender off will give him more coverage. Someone please explain this!

?wtf?

I went with these. With stock flares and my 35's the paint chips were unreal.

That, and local Police will ticket you in a blink for not having proper tire coverage. The ticket here is only $170., but it carries the same points on your driver's licence as a speeding ticket. (2 demerits)

2.5" of coverage extra (per side), over stock... and they preserve a stock look. (Bestop HighRock 4x4 Fender Flares)

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_200_07.htm

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 06-03-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
If you're looking at steel ones, Purejeep is now shipping theirs

Last I checked they werent wider than stock.

I run warrior steel and genright steel. Genright makes a 6" rear flare. That's wider than stock.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Metal Cloak JK Fender flares are 8". But be prepared to open up your wallet...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by LeftyStrat
Metal Cloak JK Fender flares are 8". But be prepared to open up your wallet...
These are what I'm going with. Yeah pricey, but lifts are pricey too. Especially when you start adding parts after the fact, adj trackbars, adj ca, correction wedges, etc. If I can run 35 or 37's with some bump stops, I'm fine with that.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snowbilt
These are what I'm going with. Yeah pricey, but lifts are pricey too. Especially when you start adding parts after the fact, adj trackbars, adj ca, correction wedges, etc. If I can run 35 or 37's with some bump stops, I'm fine with that.
I am leaning that way as well. When you add up all the costs of lifting to allow 35's or 37's, maybe they aren't so expensive.

Plus, I want to keep a low center of gravity. Only thing for me is that the rear fenders require the body panels, which would cover the star on my COD Edition. I paid a lot for that

I would love to see a comparison between the PSC fenders and the Metal Cloak.

Plus, there has to be more to the Metal Cloaks clearing 37 with no lift. I imagine cutting the Rubi Rails and pinch seam would still be required.

They would sell a lot more if they had install videos.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you get them, share install details and photos. Might tip me over the edge...
Old 06-03-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah its a given you will have to trim rails and pinch seams. I will let you know sometime next year.....

Quick Reply: Which Flat Fenders to go with?