Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flat Fender vs Lift

Old 08-27-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm sold after some of the comments here, and a bit of research. Gonna just refresh the old JKUR springs and get some new shocks for 3" lift, add an inch of bumpstop initially and tweak the bump from there.
So does anybody know if any of the metal cloak (overland...not overline), nemesis, or PSC flat flares have noticeably better clearance than the others?
Old 08-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Cuv
JK Enthusiast

I can't speak to the clearance, but I can stand on mine and have no worries (psc). It matters if I'm stuck in something nasty, I can step from them to the front to toss a line to help and not burry my feet in nasty shit.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

I think of the flares you mentioned they will all be about the same. In reality, you will do both upgrades at some point. So do which ever one you want first. I did the PSC Flares first with a leveling kit and now I swapped that out for the 2.5 lift. Its the reality of what we do. Good luck in your decision.

Quick Reply: Flat Fender vs Lift