Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flat Fender Pictures & Info

Old 02-27-2014, 10:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PSC has the cut outs for the yellow marker light but to be honest you could make the hole yourself and install the light it would be simple. I have the PSC flares in aluminium and love them, light weight and strong. PSC flares come the a reinforcing bracket that distrubutes the force of impact so that it's not being taken by just the sheet metal body.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	533992  
Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
I just went and looked at some of the newer flat fenders and they all to be too narrow...maybe it's just my state but the fender must cover all of the tires tread. Even with my skinny factory wheels most of the flat fenders won't do this, I know that the Bushwackers are wide enough. The poison spyder ones sound like a great design, but they won't cover the factory tread. matthew
Pretty sure PSC is coming out with a wide version. You're one of many with tire coverage issues.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ACE offers a full width metal flat flare.

A cheap and easy marker light....Truck Lite series 33.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running Bushwackers, OME 2.5, and 35's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1673468503.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	534014   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2568491718.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	534015   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2264427658.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	534016  
Old 02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen I lot of YouTube videos of guys trimming the stock fenders to achieve the flat fender look and function
Old 02-28-2014, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the first non plastic flat fender I've seen with what appears to be a mounted in place light, vs the couple I've seen that truly looked like led lights dangling off of a Christmas tree!

Who makes that flat fender and is that light included or did you set it up?

I'll have to go back and read the language of the inspection specs...

Half the problem is that it's up to the person doing the inspection...

I have met one guy and asked him some questions to try and clarify, he really seemed like his goal was to see how many things he could find even though it just takes one.

I know guys with a bunch of things that could fail and they had no problem.
Random google image, don't know who makes the light. But you can easily install one in a similar spot: http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main....serialNumber=2 and http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main...._itemId=112110
Old 03-01-2014, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the first non plastic flat fender I've seen with what appears to be a mounted in place light, vs the couple I've seen that truly looked like led lights dangling off of a Christmas tree!

Who makes that flat fender and is that light included or did you set it up?

I'll have to go back and read the language of the inspection specs...

Half the problem is that it's up to the person doing the inspection...

I have met one guy and asked him some questions to try and clarify, he really seemed like his goal was to see how many things he could find even though it just takes one.

I know guys with a bunch of things that could fail and they had no problem.
im in new york, sounds similar because every now and then there seems to be a pissed off cop telling me about my tires being out of the fender flare, other than the obd2 inspection witch you cant get around, if you befriend a mechanic ( i have a few close friends of the family that own certified nys inspection shops) all of the other things are visual, its a matter of what the guy wants to see if you know what I mean

Quick Reply: Flat Fender Pictures & Info