Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashpaq returnability???

Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashpaq returnability???

I have 4.10 gears and 35's. It is my daily driver and most of my drive every day is around 65mph which causes me to kick out of overdrive on every hill that is tall enough that you cant see over. I'd like to try a super chips flashpaq on the 91 octane tune and step up to premium gas rather than shell out for gears and see if that is enough to get me that little bit more power I think I need to not downshift as much. My question is, if I get the tuner and it doesnt give me the gains I am looking for is it an easy product to return so I can save for gears? Or is this like computer software at best buy where you cant return it anywhere?

If it isn't returnable can anyone tell me if I should be able to get what I'm looking for out of the programmer? I live in Memphis So driving in the mountains isn't an issue or anything. I just feel like I need just a little more power to return performance to stock levels. Any opinions?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine helped a little but not as much as I think you're expecting. But it did make a difference. You can always buy it , try it then resell it..... There's something you have to do to it 1st before any other JK can use it..... I'm sure others out here know what I'm talking about.... I have a superchip and regearing May 25th
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3538526799.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	159842   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-511003378.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	159843  
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm assuming you have an auto correct? You should be able to return it, but if not I'm sure someone will be willing to buy it from you.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

I do have an auto.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Superchips has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on their website. Just ask the retailer you buy it from to make sure they will let you.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You realize that with taller tires, your Speedo is off, right? And your Odo? And your shift points? You will want a programmer or tuner regardless. Get the flashpaq, and then save for gears.

And with an auto on 35's, you shouldn't be using OD anyway. So your first action should be just hitting that little button every time you get in.

Quick Reply: Flashpaq returnability???