Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashpaq, hypertech, or Jet 1. Which is better for fuel economy?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Flashpaq, hypertech, or Jet 1. Which is better for fuel economy?

Any reps want to post why their claims as to which is best? I did a "search" for Jet1 and a lot of those posts were old; is no one using it any longer?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hypertech Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spartan99
Any reps want to post why their claims as to which is best? I did a "search" for Jet1 and a lot of those posts were old; is no one using it any longer?
First off, Jay will be back Monday April 12th from vacation. That being said, Hypertech usually sees about 1 (give or take)mpg gain on gas motors. Of course this does depend on driver and conditions, some get more, some get less. Here is a link from this site showing a little better than 1/2mpg better. http://www.jk-forum.mobi/showthread.php?t=124076&highlight=hypertech Also, this is the link to our customer reviews page, it has 2 JK owners on there, check it out. http://www.hypertech.com/user-reviews.aspx

Thanks Sean
Old 04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a rep but wanted to add my 2 cents.

Some people claim between 2 and 3 mpg better with tuners. I think the differences between the Flashpaq and Hypertech are going to be minimal at best. Don't know much about Jet.

For me, I've been using the Hypertech for the last week. Superchips still doesn't support the 2010's.

On my first tank, I have seen about a +1.2mpg result using the 87 tune. This was both on my Jeep's estimated display and by doing the old fashioned hand calculation. My driving has been ALL stop and go with lots of idle time at lights or in traffic.

I will be taking it on the highway this weekend for the first time so will try and post an update later.

Outside on the slight mpg increase, the throttle response is amazing compared to stock and the power, while not noticeable at first, is now back to a "stock like" feel since adding my lift and bigger tires.

The tranny seems to be shifting much easier now but I am not sure if that is due to the tuner or the fact that I just had to remove and re-seal my tranny pan thanks to a little off-road mishap. But whatever it is, the shifting in my auto is much more smooth than ever before.

Quick Reply: Flashpaq, hypertech, or Jet 1. Which is better for fuel economy?