Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashpaq for 2011??

Old 01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashpaq for 2011??

I just tried to flash my 2011 rubicon automatic with superchips flashpaq. it says general error g3-f. the 2011 isnt supported?? if not when will it be... I cant wait to flash my vehicle :( its an american model btw and I have latest flashpaq software update...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is it a new superchip? If not, it needs to be unlocked for $100 on line. . If it's new not sure if it supports 2011 wranglers yet
Old 01-05-2011, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Superchips forum and there is a long thread about it. The 2011 is still being worked on with no estimated release date yet. There have been some back and forth on whether or not the current programmer will be the one used or if they will come out with a new one but based on recent posts, it looks like the current flashpaq will support the 2011's.

And this isn't new for delays. The 2010 Jeep wasn't supported until mid April 2010 so if the 2011's have the same issues, you may have a long wait! But.......in my opinion...it was well worth it!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I do hope the flashpaq i bought works for the 2011's when its updated soon... if not I will request a free exchange, quadratec said it supports 2011's, I'll wait until its supported ,if its supported by another device, then I will request an exchange :(, By the way, WHY THE HELL doesnt it flash it? SAME ENGINE, SAME TRANNY, SAME ECU, its bullshit seriously..
Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry no go on the 2011
Old 01-06-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconEurope
I do hope the flashpaq i bought works for the 2011's when its updated soon... if not I will request a free exchange, quadratec said it supports 2011's, I'll wait until its supported ,if its supported by another device, then I will request an exchange :(, By the way, WHY THE HELL doesnt it flash it? SAME ENGINE, SAME TRANNY, SAME ECU, its bullshit seriously..
Actually from what I've read, the computer and settings are quite different in the 2011. Again, had the same issue with my 2010. There were enough differences how the engine was programmed that the 2007-2009 settings were not compatible. I guess more changes were made in 2011...maybe to account for all the new gizmos you lucky guys have in the 2011. While my Rubi is fully loaded with MyGig and power everything, some things like power and heated mirrors, and some new features on your stereo probably require additional computer info that needs to be accounted for...or I am assuming this! I'm sure there is more to it like emissions settings too..

I've found that Jeep makes a lot of little changes that go unnoticed until we make mods. This requires aftermarket companies to research, modify and test their products so they will work with the new setups. Other examples besides computer changes that I've had include front crossmember changes (required me to cut when putting on new bumper that fits older JK's perfectly with no cutting), and fog light bulbs were changed in 2010 (you have the same crappy hard to find bulbs in your 2011).
Old 01-11-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can a superchips official reply please, will we get it in january, it cant be this hard unless their procrastinating..

Quick Reply: Flashpaq for 2011??