Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashpaq

Old 12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XBlacky08X
My flashpaq won't install anything. Every time I try it says there is no calibration for my vehicle and that I need to update. So after updating it says that my vehicles calibration was not recognized and that they will email me the correct one when its available. And on top of it all they're closed until January 3rd. Kudos to superchips. Yay.
Holy crap that sucks. I think the "toolman" is right, some of these tuners sit on shelves for awhile, and aren't current.

Closed until Jan 3rd. That's crazy I imagine a lot of Jeep owners might need support after opening their Chrismas presents.

Hang in there!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Page 4 STEP 1 Download easy update software Run it and update your software.

And that was before plugging in for the first time. Don't forget that programmers are not made the day you order it. Some sit on shelves for a while and reflashes on your jeep come and go, sometimes many times before your particular programmer was even built.
Originally Posted by BigSkyJeep
Holy crap that sucks. I think the "toolman" is right, some of these tuners sit on shelves for awhile, and aren't current.
!

Yes that is an easier way to say it. Perfect example is the 181906H5 reflash. That is a very recent reflash from Jeep (November ish). I can safely bet that 80% of all the flashpaqs out on the market were made before that reflash.

You can still go to Superchips website and try updating the programmer.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Yes that is an easier way to say it. Perfect example is the 181906H5 reflash. That is a very recent reflash from Jeep (November ish). I can safely bet that 80% of all the flashpaqs out on the market were made before that reflash.

You can still go to Superchips website and try updating the programmer.
Been there, done that and still no luck.. Did a complete update and it still says my vehicle's calibration is not recognized. Guess I have to wait until after January 3rd to enjoy my $350 purchase.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Plugged in my SC Flashpaq a few minutes ago, and Merry Christmas to me it installed without a hitch Only thing left to do is drive and enjoy. I'm trying the tow tune as it seems popular with the JK Forum crowd. Will post my impressions later.

One more shout out to the sales department at Northridge 4X4. Their customer service rocks, and I can't wait to do more business with those guys. They support us, let's support them. Buy a product from Northridge and I doubt you'll be dissappointed, but if you are I have a feeling from my experience they will take great care of you.

Happy in Montana
I was supposed to get mine yesterday too. Apparently overnighting something doesn't mean you get it the next day. So now I wait......... I will be calling NR4x4 and UPS as soon as they open back up.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy I imagine a lot of Jeep owners might need support after opening their Chrismas presents.
Got one for Christmass ... and it seems to have updated and worked perfectly (08 Rubi Auto). Am playing with the tunes right now (can feel the difference). After reading the forums, felling pretty lucky that everything went OK.

But, Superchips should have know that a lot of their customers will get the FlashPaq for Christmas and had customer reps on duty next week (between Christmas and New Year)!!!! I feel for you!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michiguy
I was supposed to get mine yesterday too. Apparently overnighting something doesn't mean you get it the next day. So now I wait......... I will be calling NR4x4 and UPS as soon as they open back up.
I seriously doubt it's Northridge's fault, but I will say having worked for UPS they have a lot of issues delivering when they say they will. Bad weather, planes don't land, etc.

If you ordered from Northridge you will be happy. I got mine from them on the 23rd, and have been very happy. I wasn't able to update, but found I didn't need to. After plugging it in I found it worked perfectly, and had everything on it including throttle responsiveness. Northridge told me their flashpaq's were " brand new " which would explain not needing an update right away.

I tried the tow tune followed by the 91 tune with superchips throttle setting. I like the 91 tune, and have no pinging issues. The tow tune's shift points are nice though, just not as peppy as the 91 tune. I think you'll be pleased when yours arrives, simply plug and play.

Good luck.

Last edited by BigSkyJeep; 12-25-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: bad spelling darn it!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would agree. Its probably not NR4X4 fault. I am sure he had to pay something to ship it and most likely extra to "overnight" it. They ought to get some of their shipping money back since UPS didn't hold up their end of the bargain.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Just used my Christmas present for the first time. It worked great, very easy to use too. I hope all of you who are having problems have them resolved asap. I finally got lucky with something for a change

Quick Reply: Flashpaq