Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashlight location?

Old 02-16-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mounted my maglight to the rear roll bar. I figured if I needed that much flashlight I would probably be digging out recovery gear from the back anyway, besides, who hasn't needed extra light at night while loading groceries in the back? I also wanted a light up front, so I threw a little led flashlight in the center console.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phantasm
Put mine behind the sound bar. Install link in sig block below:
Thank you! ive been searching for a writeup on how to do this. This is where i want to put mine. its the 6D version so im kind of limited on spots it will fit.... ill let you know if i have any questions after reading your writeup.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

just in case anyone else was looking for a mount, I saw some on amazon for like $0.54.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
well i suppose, if for whatever reason it were to fall off, the flashlight could roll around and get in the way of your feet and/or pedals. have you considered mounting it to the side of your seat bracket?

WOL, I GOTTA know, what are you using to clamp the maglight on there? I'm sold on the idea, just need the know how if possible.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the plain old maglite brackets. Just google them and find a retailer nearby that has them in stock. That's what I did since the obvious places didn't have any stock and I didn't want to pay $5 for shipping a $6 part.

part number: MAGLITE ASXD026 D-Cell Flashlight Mounting Bracket
Old 04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

I put mine at the bottom of my seat too. I got the mag light holder from ace hardware for 7 bucks. its free shipping to the store too.

Quick Reply: Flashlight location?