Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashing red thunderbolt

Old 09-19-2016, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing red thunderbolt

Posted this on wiring etc with no help maybe someone in this section can help!

Hey guys was Offroading today flexed and broke my passenger wheel speed sensor in the front. Later on in the day I went to go flex on the passenger side climbing a side of a hill when I did that the flashing red thunder bolt symbol came on my dash.... No performance issues everything drives as normal just have that flashing thunderbolt going. Could the broken wheel speed sensor be the cause of this? Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3263886864.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	790.1 KB
ID:	657094  
Old 09-19-2016, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Posted this on wiring etc with no help maybe someone in this section can help!

Hey guys was Offroading today flexed and broke my passenger wheel speed sensor in the front. Later on in the day I went to go flex on the passenger side climbing a side of a hill when I did that the flashing red thunder bolt symbol came on my dash.... No performance issues everything drives as normal just have that flashing thunderbolt going. Could the broken wheel speed sensor be the cause of this? Thanks for your help!
Probably not, most likely independent events. The lightning bolt indicates an ETC fault(electronic throttle control). This includes the APP(accelerator pedal), throttle body and other throttle related issues.

The WSS is monitored by the ABS module and will throw an ABS, ESP, ESP/BAS light when a fault is indicated.

The two systems are interrelated as ESP uses traction control through the ABS module so codes like C0121 can affect both systems.

Best bet is to scan all the modules and see what you have.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I have the abs, esp, and traction control light on too but that's been on for a few months I knew I damaged a wheel speed sensor when I too the front end apart. But this weekend I installed a new lift kit and went out to test it. I ripped a wheel speed sensor out on the passenger side and only like and hour later when I went to flex on the right side did the light come on. So weird. I guess I need to buy some New sensors and am etc like u say.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Only codes I have are p0456 and P0108
Old 09-19-2016, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Only codes I have are p0456 and P0108
P0108 indicates a MAP sensor failure. P0108 will set a CEL and cause the lighting bolt to flash.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
P0108 indicates a MAP sensor failure. P0108 will set a CEL and cause the lighting bolt to flash.

I new the first part but the second part causing the lighting bolt beautiful I will replace that and hope for the best thank you sir. I knew I can't be my vacuum lines I have a gauge and vacuum is 22 with my supercharger that's normal. All update the thread after I replace it.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI

Update the sensor was a little lose not unplugged but a little lose came up must have rattled lose pushed that sucker back in and what do you know no more lightning bolt 👌💪💪💪😁😎😂😀

Quick Reply: Flashing red thunderbolt