Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashcal TPMS disable

Old 07-15-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
Weird. My TPMS always read when I was parked in all my vehicles.
They dont update until they spin. Thats why the spare doesnt show up or interefere with the others.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

I disabled mine after downloading the addon. However "disabled" is a bit disceiving. The yellow warning light is disabled, however every time I start my jeep the obc jumps to the tire pressure screen and it shows 0lbs pressure. I have to click the steering wheel button to return to the last displayed setting (usually outside temp). So it does not actually disable the feature, it just disables the yellow warning light associated to the TPMS fault.

Anyone else see the same behavior?
Old 07-15-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Mine still doesn't work. I have a Flashpaq 3872, and I updated it with the TPMS option. That function still doesn't appear on the "additional function" menu. Is it somewhere else?
Old 07-15-2015, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
They dont update until they spin. Thats why the spare doesnt show up or interefere with the others.
I wonder why they went with a motion based logic for the TPMS. I would rather the system tell me im low on air before I pull out of my garage and hit the road. My Grand Cherokee told me I picked up a nail in a parking lot right after it happened.

Sucks that the pipe bomb method won't work then. I've never tried it but I always found it to be a cool solution
Old 07-16-2015, 03:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BillR
Mine still doesn't work. I have a Flashpaq 3872, and I updated it with the TPMS option. That function still doesn't appear on the "additional function" menu. Is it somewhere else?
The same thing happened to me. I had to call and spend a considerable amount of time on the phone with their tech support. They did finally get it up and running and it's all good now.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was easy for me. Downloaded it from their website and installed it on the flashcal. Took maybe 5 minutes total. I just did it about 3 weeks ago.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I finally got it fixed.

Took a little while because I myself and almost no one I know have a PC computer. It's all mac's in this household, and apparently my friends and family as well.

Btw.... What the hell superchips? Not mac comparable? Wtf!?

But I finally got ahold of someone's computer. I updated the flash cal, and low and behold, the TPMS disable option popped up for downloading.

Clicked it.

Installed it into my flashcal.

And... See ya later TPMS light! Nice knowing ya!!!!

Quick Reply: Flashcal TPMS disable