Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashcal TPMS disable

Old 07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashcal TPMS disable

Just picked up a new flashcal. I want to shut off the TPMS system as i have aftermarket wheels and dont want those damn sensors anymore.

i have looked and there isnt even a option on the screen for anything TPMS related. I called superchips, and they said you cant lower the pressure on the new version anymore, and they did alway with the adjustable tpms all together. And now you can only turn it off oe leave it on.......

I said "ok, then how can i do that" he said i have to fill out a form? On the website, then link it to my tuner via another download.

Is this right? What a pain in the ass. Im getting a feeling i should have just got the AEV one.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, it's how they do it these days. They want to cover their ass for allowing you to turn that system off, so you have to prove that you give your consent.

You got off lucky, it took me several weeks of their 'techs' ignoring my emails to finally get one who had a clue how to set up the tpms disable.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id be too lazy to go through the trouble. Id just build a TPMS pipe bomb. Drop your 4 stock TPMS into a PVC tube, cap the ends, and tap it for a schrader valve. Pressurize to 35 and store somewhere in or on the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
Montego (11-12-2022)
Old 07-14-2015, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
Id be too lazy to go through the trouble. Id just build a TPMS pipe bomb. Drop your 4 stock TPMS into a PVC tube, cap the ends, and tap it for a schrader valve. Pressurize to 35 and store somewhere in or on the vehicle.
They only read if the tires are spinning.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Wow that really sucks. With the AEV Procal I can disable TPMS. I just did it on my 2015 after putting on new wheels.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Albino Lizard
They only read if the tires are spinning.
Weird. My TPMS always read when I was parked in all my vehicles.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Yep, it's how they do it these days. They want to cover their ass for allowing you to turn that system off, so you have to prove that you give your consent.

You got off lucky, it took me several weeks of their 'techs' ignoring my emails to finally get one who had a clue how to set up the tpms disable.
Care to share on how to do it?
Old 07-15-2015, 05:27 AM
JK Newbie

It's not like it's a big hassle. Takes maybe 5min to download it. I just did it a few months ago.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tae73
Care to share on how to do it?
Can't help you with that. There was supposed to be an on-screen option through the Spark program to set it up.

I never got that option. Their techs had no clue why it wasn't showing up, so they either stopped replying or just said "that is no longer an option for Jeep JK's". Since I knew it was in fact an option, I kept trying different techs. Got fed up and asked for a refund. Twice. Both requests were ignored. Then I finally got a tech who didn't have his head up his ass, he emailed a form for me to fill out and sign, then he pushed an update to my flashcal - and the tpms disable finally worked.

Really, really wish I had just gotten another ProCal to replace the one I lost...
Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Been awhile since I did it but you need to download the "spark" program or whatever from the superchips website for flashpaq. Then open program, plug in your tuner go to the advanced tab or update your tuner and it will open a page with the extra features. Click on the TPMS add on, agree to terms then it will put the option on the tuner. Then go plug it in to your jeep and tune if you haven't already. Then go to advanced features, then to vehicle options and disable. Make sure that you save and exit after selecting the option.

Quick Reply: Flashcal TPMS disable