Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashcal Tips?

Old 10-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShawnNoble
Is the FlashPaq worth the money from the FlashCal? What about the trail dash?
In my opinion, if you are spending the money. The extra features are nice and tuning the engine can make a noticeable difference in fuel mileage. However if you just need to change tire size and adjust the TPMS system then the FlashCal is a bargain. Cheaper than buying new sensors. In regards to the Trail Dash I would say if are willing to spend the money on the FlashPaq, then just add a little and get the Trail Dash.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ReadyToMount
In my opinion, if you are spending the money. The extra features are nice and tuning the engine can make a noticeable difference in fuel mileage. However if you just need to change tire size and adjust the TPMS system then the FlashCal is a bargain. Cheaper than buying new sensors. In regards to the Trail Dash I would say if are willing to spend the money on the FlashPaq, then just add a little and get the Trail Dash.
Thanks! Which one are you using?
Old 10-07-2016, 07:34 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks! Which one are you using?
We use the Flashpaq. Trail Dash 2 was not out at the time. We run 37's on the company JKU with no sensors and I had ran the Tow Tune until more people started driving it and switched to Economy Tune so when the guys run 87 octane it should cause no issues.
These tuners are handy at time of resale, you can add value with that as a feature you have. Or if you buy another Jeep product, put yours back to stock and keep it, so you don't have to buy another one.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ReadyToMount
We use the Flashpaq. Trail Dash 2 was not out at the time. We run 37's on the company JKU with no sensors and I had ran the Tow Tune until more people started driving it and switched to Economy Tune so when the guys run 87 octane it should cause no issues.
These tuners are handy at time of resale, you can add value with that as a feature you have. Or if you buy another Jeep product, put yours back to stock and keep it, so you don't have to buy another one.
Thanks! I will seriously consider the Trail Dash.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found this video on Youtube.com that shows each of the products and gives pretty good info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DyUOlMT7aU
Old 10-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks! I will seriously consider the Trail Dash.
Let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I just bought a Trail Dash 2 for my 2012 Rubicon and an F5 Ford Flashpaq 1845 for my 2008 F-150.

I can't even get started without knowing what the serial numbers are. I emailed customer service 4 days ago with no reponse.

The units themselves have a label on the back with two numbers, a top and bottom. An example of one:

X00010400

The box has the typical bar code with various numbers, such as:

27416 on the side opposite the model number
53118 00389 under the top bar code
100-731-942 under the bottom bar code

What number is the serial number?

Last edited by bbolander; 10-11-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

On the flashpaq you can plug it in and check on the serial number through the menu....I think it was the 4th option down.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
On the flashpaq you can plug it in and check on the serial number through the menu....I think it was the 4th option down.
Thanks. Since mine is new and never been used, it says to plug it into your computer first for updates and registration. It says you enter the serial number during the process. So following the instructions I won't plug it into the vehicle first.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bbolander
Thanks. Since mine is new and never been used, it says to plug it into your computer first for updates and registration. It says you enter the serial number during the process. So following the instructions I won't plug it into the vehicle first.
I finally heard back from Superchips on Facebook and they said the serial number is the bottom number on the unit label. Serial numbers start with 200...

Now I can get started with checking for updates and registering them.

Quick Reply: Flashcal Tips?