Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashcal Tips?

Old 09-05-2016, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashcal Tips?

I'm trying to rush to 4WheelParts tomorrow to grab a Flashcal to fix the TPMS from adding my 35's to get rid of the check light and fix the speedometer. Is it literally just a plug and play as it looks? I also don't think the tire shop put the sensor back whenever they swapped the tires, so where could I find where that is to hook it up again?
Old 09-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Pick a weekend and bring your tires out, we'll move over the sensors. Check engine light is an easy fix too.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It is extremely easy. The worst part is waiting for the updates to download. Make sure you update the flash cal before you plug it in.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by heycody
I'm trying to rush to 4WheelParts tomorrow to grab a Flashcal to fix the TPMS from adding my 35's to get rid of the check light and fix the speedometer. Is it literally just a plug and play as it looks? I also don't think the tire shop put the sensor back whenever they swapped the tires, so where could I find where that is to hook it up again?

Go ProCal!! Had a flashcal and couldn't update it. I Called the tech support and they said it was computer issue and I should go to nearest dealer for an update. Guess what the dealer could NOT do?..... Yep they couldn't update either.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Go ProCal!! Had a flashcal and couldn't update it. I Called the tech support and they said it was computer issue and I should go to nearest dealer for an update. Guess what the dealer could NOT do?..... Yep they couldn't update either.
I bought a used Flashcal off of here, was able to update the firmware to the latest release and fix the issues with TPMS as well as speedo/tire size.
What version was yours?
Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know. But too bad u bought it. I was so frustrated that I woulda gave u mine for shipping costs.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Not to hijack this thread but having 4.88 gears installed today and I installed 35's a couple weeks ago. I got rid of the TPS when I lifted jeep and added 33's four years ago, I just ignored the idiot light. So I have a manual 3.8, do I need to get one of these tuners to reset speedo and turn off the TPS and will It benefit me in any other ways?
Old 09-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not a fan of TPMS personally, especially when it comes to offroad vehicles. However we stock and sell lots of them. Not many for the Jeepers. I would suggest at least the Flashcal to "turn off the TPMS" you could use this time to get the Flashpaq to have some tuning options. It is good to dial in tire size and if you change gearing that can be fixed for proper mph and tranny shifting. It is simple plug and play procedures for the Jeep and programmer updates.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by hornetman
I just ignored the idiot light. So I have a manual 3.8, do I need to get one of these tuners to reset speedo and turn off the TPS and will It benefit me in any other ways?
Yes, you can turn off the system so you no longer get that dash light with both the procal and flashcal 'programmers'. Your speedo/odo/mpg's are currently reading incorrect? Using either to plug in the right tire size and gear ratio will correct that. For those still running the sensors, the procal will let you adjust to lower tire pressures, the flashcal no longer offers this. Both the procal and flashcal have other features that may or may not be useful to you, go to their websites for a list of what all they do and see what you think.

You mentioned tuners? If you want performance 'tuning' also, the flashpaq is a much more expensive version of the flashcal. (the flashcal can be upgraded online with a download if you later decide you want tuning). The hp/tq boost is fairly minimal. You may feel it seat-of-the-pants, but if you are expecting v-8 power you will be disappointed.

The procal is simple. Set the dipswitches and plug it in, honk honk, you're done. The flashcal and flashpaq need internet connections and updates, and as I found with both the flashcal and flashpaq, if you have an issue, superchips tech support royally sucks. But they do have a nice screen to look at.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-07-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the FlashPaq worth the money from the FlashCal? What about the trail dash?

Quick Reply: Flashcal Tips?