Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flashcal with Jet Chip

Old 10-18-2015, 08:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Flashcal with Jet Chip

I purchased my 2009 JKUR two years ago, and the previous owner had installed a Stage 1 Jet Chip, which claims calibration for maximum horsepower and torque across the power band, blah, blah, blah. For the most part, I like the way my Jeep drives, so I'm not too worried about what the Jet chip does or does not do.

Flash forward to last week, when I purchased new 35" Cooper STT Pros. I know I need something to calibrate the speedometer for the larger tire diameter, and I want to lower the air pressure threshold for the TPMS. On paper, the Superchips Flashcal looks to do the job, plus some extra options. My big question is, will the darn thing work if I already have the Jet chip installed?

I have the 6-speed manual and 4.10 gears, and so far I'm not noticing a huge power loss with 35s. 6th gear is usable on highway inclines, so I don't feel I need the extra tuning of the Flashpaq. Before I pull the trigger on the Flashcal, I wanted to check if anyone's come across a problem with using it alongside a plug-in chip. Thanks!

Old 10-18-2015, 08:28 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Haven't seen any threads with that specific combo, but I know that the procal and flashpaq work together just fine, so I don't see why the flashcal and jet wouldn't work together. You are tuning with one, and programming with the other, not trying to use two different tuners at the same time. But, you might consider selling the Jet and upgrading the flashcal to a flashpaq.

For the tpms, pretty sure superchips no longer allows a lowered psi threshold. You can turn it off, or leave it on.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For the tpms, pretty sure superchips no longer allows a lowered psi threshold. You can turn it off, or leave it on.
From the Quadratec description - "Street legal TPMS adjustability (Off-Road options available for download)"

Right now, my TPMS comes on if I'm below 34psi. I'm wanting to run 25-28 psi for my 35s. Can anyone confirm this is doable?

Quick Reply: Flashcal with Jet Chip