Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flare liners question

Old 12-02-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flare liners question

Hey guys,
I have been debating getting flat fenders for sometime and finally pulled the trigger on a pair of RR Huricane Flares.

The installation of these fenders (and most that I could see) specify cutting the fender liner (back and front).

My question is in what do people do when they throw their original fenders back on? Are the cut liners usable at all?
I definitely want the front on as I do not want to have the engine bay wide open. I wonder if I can just make my own using some kind of rubber leaving the OEM's untouched for easy reinstallation

My JK is on lease so I may need to put it back to original state if I decide to give it back and get a newer model (definite possibility with speculated 2017 model changes )

Thanks
Nick
Old 12-02-2014, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

stock liners can be picked up for cheap. even new they are fairly cheap.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to come by used liners where I am from and new liners are actually quite expensive...more expensive than aftermarket fenders

Originally Posted by jadmt
stock liners can be picked up for cheap. even new they are fairly cheap.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Inner Fender Well - Body Mechanical & Trim - Action Crash, Right - Passenger Side 07-14 Wrangler Inner Fender Well - 19132-04045635 - PartsGeek

jk wrangler front inner fender well liner | Partsgeek.com
Old 12-02-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Jedi

I know Crawler concept is making some nice liners for flat fender use. probably a little more spendy tho. shoud not be that hard to make some to use with your flat fender flares and save the stock ones. Not sure how the Hurricanes fasten on but I know some flares require drilling larger holes which makes going back a little more difficult.

Quick Reply: Flare liners question