Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fixed Rancho Rear Bumper

Old 04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed Rancho Rear Bumper

So I have the rancho rear bumper/tire carrier and I have a few issues with it. First is the where the pin goes in. The carrier does not line up and you have to get it just right. Now it lines up perfectly! See fix below:

Another issue I had was there was no handle. I used to grab the jack to move it but I moved the jack onto the roof rack. I had a broken pipe wrench so here is the solution:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0173.jpg
Views:	873
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	39811   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	39814  
Old 04-01-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

These bumpers are absolute shite. Don't waste your time with it. I've tried to get Rancho to call or email with help, but they have ignored me completely.

Absolutely awful company.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 PM
JK Freak

its not a bad bumper when you put some time into it. I am still working on mine. you do get what you pay for. I am planning on wedling tube corners and a gas tank holder on it.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mine went on easy and haven't had any problems. I'm also gonna weld some corners onto it and a jerry can holder.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Nice. What kind of corners? and do you have plans for a jerry can mount?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

As far as corners go I think I'm basicaly going to make them come to points like alot of the other bumpers on the market. For the jerry can holder its a little difficult, I'm looking into welding a flat plate to the top of the v that the tire mounts to. I'll then run two supports from the outside edge down to both sides of the v. At that point I just have to find a jerry can holder that will fit in the space. I have about 8-9 inches between the back of my tire and my back window. So thats the max width that the holder can be. Luckily most jerry cans are 6.5 inches wide.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know this thread is pretty old, but I was wondering if any of you fabricated your jerry can mounts for the Rancho bumper? If so, pic and/or write-up, please.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 AM
JK Junkie

I cut off the Hi-Lift mounts to make room for Rotopax mounted to the tailgate.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tslewisz
I cut off the Hi-Lift mounts to make room for Rotopax mounted to the tailgate.
Looks awesome. Are those (2) 2gal cans
Old 09-13-2012, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I originally purchased this bumper when I got my JK and be very careful if you bump your tire on anything or have a big heavy tire on the carrier. There are three very small welds that hold the tire on the carrier and two on my weld cracked and my 37in tire was just barely hanging on. If the last weld would have broken my tire would have fell off while driving down the road! I can only imagine the danger it could haves caused if the spare tire fell off while driving down the road! It was an easy fix to reweld but not something I was looking for! So please take a look at the welds on your carries directly behind where the tire mounts.

Quick Reply: Fixed Rancho Rear Bumper