Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fitting 33's

Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks...

Dante,
Thanks so much for the pics, that is more than adequate of what I expected. I do like that look and its a little more height and less concerns of rubbing! Now I just need to check the options of how many people make a tire with those dimensions in a 17. Great looking rig btw!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dante
So far so good. I only have about 1000 miles on them and one power line trail. I have yet to really test them off-road. They hum nicely as any mud tire will, but not too loud. On the highway with the windows and soft top up you can hear them but they do not disrupt a normal conversation.
Thanks, rhey are a great looking tire.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dante
I went the tall skinny route, 255/85R16 (33.3 x 10.3) on stock alloy rims. I have no rubbing at full turn or full flex. I have spacers that I put on for a while, they're off right now. It was just for the look. They pushed the edge of the tread out flush with the flares. It has more of a Land Rover 110, expedition, look without the spacers. Without the spacers it keeps a little more mud inside the fenders too.
Just looking at your pictures, Dante... I think your JK looks fantastic with that set up... much better IMO without the spacers... an intelligent choice of tire size, I'd say.

Quick Reply: Fitting 33's