Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

First post with a question on 33's.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post with a question on 33's.

This is my very first post so please take it easy on me. Recently purchased a 2009 JK Unlimited with the stock 32's on 17x7.5 rims. I have installed a 2" BB and it helped the looks a great deal. The tires just look too narrow for me and I want a little more beefier look. Can you experts give me some advice on the look I'm trying to achieve. This is my daily driver and I don't do too much off roading. Just a trail here and there. Any advice on tires/wheels or can/should I keep my stock wheels? What size wheels would you guys suggest with a 33?Thanks so much for the info.

Last edited by JeepNDad; 10-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

This is where you'll want to start:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...74&postcount=3

That will give a good idea of lift height vs tire height, tire width vs backspace needed, wheel spacers, etc.

If all you want is a wider stance, wheel spacers with your current tires/wheels would be an option.

Or new wheels with less backspace to push them further out.

Or larger tires (taller and/or wider), in addition to spacers or new rims.

Or...

But from what you've said, and with a 2" lift already on, you might look at some 33x12.50's with spacers or new rims.

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-05-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Default A good

look for a good All Terrain tire. look at the BFG AT's, the Good Year Duratac's. you couls even look at the used section here. there are alot of people tring to sell there tires. my first stop would be to 4WD.com. check out there tire selection and go from there.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I actually prefer the look of the stock wheels with a larger tire, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Here's a thread with 33's, many of which have stock wheels. Most have a similar lift as you. I like the look of Troysterr's Jeep at the bottom of the page.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...33%27s&page=15

Also, somebody made a nice link showing pics of Jeeps with all the different lifts and tire sizes.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/jk-online-gallery-lifts-cataloged-manf-tire-size-30086/
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Default 33

I love the look of the stock wheels too, but I still got new ones. Mine are 18s, but most people here will tell you that if you wanna do some serious offroad, you should stick to 17's... I don't wheel it much, and I preferred the look of my 18s for my DD.

I also got 33s.. I got 33 X 13.5 ATs from procomp.. They had a good deal in Sept. buy 3 get 1 free...Too bad it's over =(
Those tires are really wide and I achieved exactly the look I was looking for...
Good luck and congratulation on your new JK !!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nitto Muds

Dude I had the same issue i went to nitto muds besides for fact i was gettin stuck everywhere with the shitty stock tires, but still the nitto muds in 33's made my jeep look animal i get so many compiments all day long on my jeep because its looks so beefy because i have lifghts on the windshield and nitto mud grapplers, i think they also made a more street mud grappler now more quiet and what not look into it but i love my mud grapplers they really made climbing and and everything awesome although very loud on highway with a softop
Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with 33X11.50 BF Goodrich AT's on Procomp wheels.
Procomp has their "buy three get one free" sale about every other month.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Goodyear Duratracs in a 33 x 12.50..........just keep in mind that that many 33s (and 35s, 37s, etc. for that matter) run much less in ACTUAL height. My 33s are dead on 32" actual. That said, the aggressive tread and width difference on a smaller diameter wheel made a HUGE difference in look.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

This forum is great. Thanks to everyone who has responded. Keep 'em coming. If any of you have pics feel free to post them. I am leaning toward a black wheel. Vehicle is Surf Blue.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Browse the JK Show & Tell - Show Off Threads - are for lots of pics

Quick Reply: First post with a question on 33's.