Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

First mod Winch or Rock Rails??

Old 02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pjohn

I see a couple of loop holes here. Get both.
1. Spend her money ...... It's not yours!!!!!
2. Credit card..... Your charging it not spending your own money.

Maybe you just need to let her know about the safety issues of not having both.

Don't let me get you in trouble >
I'll gladly take the blame but not the responsibility.
Lol I like your way of thinking. She has been wheeling on almost every time I go this is my 4th jeep.

98 TJ
05 LJ
07 Rubicon unlimited
And now a 12 sport unlimited

I just need to pay her car off first

But I think I will definitely get the winch if I can use the mopar bucks for it. It will be the first time I've ever had one.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt
The guy at the dealer never called me back today so I'll have to find out tomorrow if he found the program. He said it came out the day I bought the jeep. But from looking online it seems like you have only 30 days from date of purchase use it.
I have u-connect
3.73 gears
Tow package
And full power
Hardtop
Automatic

I may already have a hookup for the rails so I will look at other things and also verify that I can get the winch with the bucks.
Thanks for all the feedback
That's why I love this forum!

Your Jeep sounds the same as mine.. I bought it a week ago. Do you know when this program started? Or better yet, what day you bought your Jeep... Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by penguin

Your Jeep sounds the same as mine.. I bought it a week ago. Do you know when this program started? Or better yet, what day you bought your Jeep... Thanks
I got it on thursday the 26th.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Well now I feel like a dumb a___. Was re reading the mopar site and the title says winches. ( no picture ) describes the warn winches. Then 1 line at the bottom says additional details and it says what I'm looking at is the price $347 is just for the synthetic line for a warn 8000 winch. Wtf. So now back to square 1 on what to pick out since I have a hookup in the works for the rock rails and the cheapest winch they show is $850.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

I was wondering what Warn winch you could get for $347, figured it was some Mopar/Warn deal.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Yea my girl friends dad works at a dealership and he priced me a winch and I just laughed at him I got the same deal with mine when I bought it 2010 I got tail light guards, rear corner plates, and a gas cap cover cuz I was blowing all my money one the big stuff when I know I could get cheaper after market mods
Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
Yea my girl friends dad works at a dealership and he priced me a winch and I just laughed at him I got the same deal with mine when I bought it 2010 I got tail light guards, rear corner plates, and a gas cap cover cuz I was blowing all my money one the big stuff when I know I could get cheaper after market mods
Wasn't blowing my bad on the type o
Old 02-04-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure you have u-connect? Just because the radio has the button does not mean that it is installed. With free dealer $$ and CA cell phone laws, that is one option that I wish I would have added.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Papa Surf
Are you sure you have u-connect? Just because the radio has the button does not mean that it is installed. With free dealer $$ and CA cell phone laws, that is one option that I wish I would have added.
Positive I was using it when I drove off the lot. Plus I like being able to change the radio stations or iPod by voice. Only bummer is the u connect doesn't work with Siri on my 4s so I can't dictate emails or texts on the go like I could before.

Quick Reply: First mod Winch or Rock Rails??