Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

First Jeep would like some help.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Jeep would like some help.

Hey Guys I just bought my first Jeep the other day and I want to build it up a little at a time (~1k a month) any suggestions on where to start and whats absolutely needed would be appreciated thanks!
Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 AM
JK Freak

If you have that kind of excess cash, I hope you have the vehicle paid off. If not, pay it off first.

When it's paid off... start with a lift and tires, it really brings out the aesthetic of the vehicle. If that isn't your flavor, do what I do: buy hookers and blow.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
If you have that kind of excess cash, I hope you have the vehicle paid off. If not, pay it off first.

When it's paid off... start with a lift and tires, it really brings out the aesthetic of the vehicle. If that isn't your flavor, do what I do: buy hookers and blow.
Wow good and bad advice both. I don't recommend either blow or hookers . Decide if you want to use the jeep or make it look good
Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 AM
JK Newbie

I was thinking about going with a 3.5" rough country lift and leaving the stock tires until i get front/rear bumpers, exhaust and a few other things.. any thoughts?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by codysanders
Wow good and bad advice both. I don't recommend either blow or hookers . Decide if you want to use the jeep or make it look good
Coincidentally, one was earnest and the other sarcastic. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Back to the OP; a lift will provide aesthetic and functional advantages, assuming you plan to take your Jeep off of paved roads. In the same breath, the tires provide similar advantages. It's really a matter of your preference and the direction you want to take your vehicle with regards to modifications.

Originally Posted by Sproul
I was thinking about going with a 3.5" rough country lift and leaving the stock tires until i get front/rear bumpers, exhaust and a few other things.. any thoughts?
Generally speaking, based on what I have gleaned from this forum, you're probably not going to like the look of stock tires/wheels and that much lift. The lift may make you look like a 7'0" basketball player wearing a size 6 shoe.

Last edited by Joe Boxer; 09-16-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by codysanders
Decide if you want to use the jeep or make it look good
I want both
Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your running the stock Tires and plan to lift 3.5 it may look a bit odd. Heres a pic of mine lifted with stock sport tires and a 4 inch suspension lift
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-243999130.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	211480  
Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok forget the RC lift if you have the cash step up to the 3" Teraflex lift (will give you 4")
Then deffinately get bigger tires and wider tires for sure.... it makes such a difference in looks. Get a superchip .... Then do the bumpers, exhaust etc
Old 09-16-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Ok any suggestions on a superchip?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Ok any suggestions on a superchip?
Yep, Superchip: www.superchips.com

Quick Reply: First Jeep would like some help.