Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

First Jeep JK Unlimited in Japan

Old 01-20-2008, 12:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ChrisW
Hate to be the bearer of bad news brother, but you weren't the first. There's been a rescue green Unlimited runnin around over here (Iwakuni), since this summer. Word on the street is; the guy who bought it paid over $45K (US!) for it up in Hiroshima.
I got mine in June. It took 2 months to get it to pass the JCI. Just getting it ready for mod now...
Yeah.. He didn't pay $45K for it. The Japanese jeep dealerships sell the base model for 3,000,000 yen. If he paid that much, he has more money than brains.
There are two Right hand drive JK unlimited down here and four Left hand drives on the street down here right now. I beleive there are 3 US two door models running around here as well. I feel sorry for the dealership because they have to cover the warranties for both the US and Japanese models....

Mine is a US left hand drive model. Which makes life interesting in a right hand drive country. Especially at toll booths.

I appreciatte all the help. I didn't want to put on aftermarket fenders but it looks like I might in the future. I think for now, I will lift, and and the rims and tires I want and hope no one cares until add the fenders before the next JCI (due in June of 10). The Japanese police rarely enforce thier traffic laws
Old 01-20-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey cool I just left there in Sept. Heres the thing with the JCI and mods. You can do whatever you want just keep the stuff you need to be legal and pop it on for the JCI. Thats how all those modded Skylines and others get past. I brought my vette out there (silver convertible sold it, it should still be running around out there) it was a 75. It was a NIGHTMARE to get it to pass but once the initial JCI is done the rest is cake.
If you need any help with JCI issues got to Kens auto on 58 right past 6 in the right hand side he will hook you up and he's cheap as hell
Glenn

Quick Reply: First Jeep JK Unlimited in Japan