Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

First DIY Lift

Old 07-28-2012, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First DIY Lift

I have a 2012 JKU. I've ordered a 2.5" H.D. Lift. Trying to find a step by step guide for the install. i've read the one on "Project JK" but don't think I have all the parts needed. Will I need new coil spacers or will the old one sufice? Also was told to change my sway links and add additional bump stops. I'm looking froward to getting this done myself but don't want to mess up my JKU. Any advice is appreciated. TIA

P.S.
I installed teraflex exhaust spacers yesterday
Kit oredered cane with:
Front and rear coils
Front and rear shocks
Front and rear adj track bars
Old 07-28-2012, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Coil spacer...? coil isolator and no you shouldn't need new ones. If it comes out make sure you put it back in the way it came out. I doubt it will fall tho. They sit in there pretty tight
Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Good deal "coil isolator". Newbie lol. Any advice on the sway links? Bump Stops?
Old 07-28-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

I'd recommend bumpstops and swaybar links. If you're going to go offroading I'd get both front (quick discos) and rears, but if you're going to keep it on the pavement just get new rears and move the old rears to the front
Old 07-28-2012, 04:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Atch
I'd recommend bumpstops and swaybar links. If you're going to go offroading I'd get both front (quick discos) and rears, but if you're going to keep it on the pavement just get new rears and move the old rears to the front
So I should be able to lift then add swaybars and bup stops later? Or should I wait and do it all at one time?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It can wait. Just be careful at full flex
Old 07-28-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DCMAC

So I should be able to lift then add swaybars and bup stops later? Or should I wait and do it all at one time?
You CAN do it later but you'd have to redo all your steps to install the bumpstops (they go inside your coils on the front) the swaybar links you can do later pretty easier, just take it easy over large bumps so you don't flip them over

Quick Reply: First DIY Lift