Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Firepower Ignition Kit

Old 11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firepower Ignition Kit

Anybody have any feedback or thoughts on the Firepower Ignition Kit?

I was thinking about getting one because I am going to the the superchip flashpaq soon and I wanted to upgrade my plugs and wires first.

Thanks in advance for the info
Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

No one has any input on new plugs and the firepower ignition kit?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Are these different than the Screamin Demon Coil & LiveWires?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2658537063.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	236860Click image for larger version

Name:	image-13147307.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	236861

Screamin demon coil pack
Granelli plug wires
NGK g platinum plugs capped to 0.65

I have a 2007 JK unlimited X with stock gears. 2 1/2" lift & 35" tires & no engine mods. I've driven everyday for the last month, over 1000 miles. I've filled up 3 times & averaging 17.3 mpg. On the interstate at 70 mph I'm turning around 1900 rpm & getting between 19 & 20 mpg. At 60 about 1600 rpm between 18 & 19. Definitely running smoother & more throttle response. Definitely a great improvement on the engine overall performance over mpg.

Last edited by ac1brooks; 11-15-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Are these different than the Screamin Demon Coil & LiveWires?
nope. same thing which runs the .065 spark plug gap.

Originally Posted by ac1brooks
Don't really know what I am looking at? I am guessing this the difference between mpg with and without the plugs upgrade.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

I have read a couple other threads on this. Most of the comments refer to better throttle response and a smoother idle. I have thought about making this purchase myself.

I will keep following this threat to see if anyone who has the mod comments.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I have read a couple other threads on this. Most of the comments refer to better throttle response and a smoother idle. I have thought about making this purchase myself.

I will keep following this threat to see if anyone who has the mod comments.
I also heard that you get a better throttle response and smoother idle. Hopefully someone with the mod will chime in.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

i've been using the screamin demon coil and livewires for about a year - makes a difference.

gained a couple of mpg but mostly the improved idle and smoother acceleration were worth it to me.

with 87 tune it's smooth idle, performance feel is not real noticable. 91 tune i think is best, performance and mileage wise.

93 tune is pretty sweet with performance coil but it does take hit on mpg, I'll go with 93 tune when traveling through Colorado I-70 pass.

otherwise i use 91 tune. for me, i kept sc at 91 tune, used 87 fuel with oct boost - it worked but keeping those bottles in the jeep was pain so just run 91 tune.

we have 87, 89 and 93 octane here but better mpg with 91 tune.

IMO i think it's one of the best add-ons for the money. plugs are same heat range and not expensive.

tips for install:

twist oem plug boots in both directions before pulling them off,

plug 5 (i think) passenger side rear, can be a pia - if you have swivel attachments it's easy.

before you pull the wires from the passenger side, tie a long string to one of the wires adn then pull it through

it'll make it easier to pull the new wires around the back of the engine bay - you can pull the whole bunch at once.

be sure to use the dioelectric grease included as instructed...
Old 11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeeep
i've been using the screamin demon coil and livewires for about a year - makes a difference.

gained a couple of mpg but mostly the improved idle and smoother acceleration were worth it to me.

with 87 tune it's smooth idle, performance feel is not real noticable. 91 tune i think is best, performance and mileage wise.

93 tune is pretty sweet with performance coil but it does take hit on mpg, I'll go with 93 tune when traveling through Colorado I-70 pass.

otherwise i use 91 tune. for me, i kept sc at 91 tune, used 87 fuel with oct boost - it worked but keeping those bottles in the jeep was pain so just run 91 tune.

we have 87, 89 and 93 octane here but better mpg with 91 tune.

IMO i think it's one of the best add-ons for the money. plugs are same heat range and not expensive.

tips for install:

twist oem plug boots in both directions before pulling them off,

plug 5 (i think) passenger side rear, can be a pia - if you have swivel attachments it's easy.

before you pull the wires from the passenger side, tie a long string to one of the wires adn then pull it through

it'll make it easier to pull the new wires around the back of the engine bay - you can pull the whole bunch at once.

be sure to use the dioelectric grease included as instructed...

Outstanding! Thank you for the info. Definitely will be the next upgrade after I get the exhaust installed that is sitting in my garage and the h4 hella conversion kit that is in the mail installed.

What plugs are you running?
Old 11-15-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ac1brooks
Attachment 237250Attachment 237251

Screamin demon coil pack
Granelli plug wires
NGK g platinum plugs capped to 0.65

I have a 2007 JK unlimited X with stock gears. 2 1/2" lift & 35" tires & no engine mods. I've driven everyday for the last month, over 1000 miles. I've filled up 3 times & averaging 17.3 mpg. On the interstate at 70 mph I'm turning around 1900 rpm & getting between 19 & 20 mpg. At 60 about 1600 rpm between 18 & 19. Definitely running smoother & more throttle response. Definitely a great improvement on the engine overall performance over mpg.
That's pretty damn good with 35's. I have 32's on my jeep and I am averaging like 16.5 to 17 on average. That is city driving. Do you have a superchip? If not you you just have the plugs and wires, that is pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Firepower Ignition Kit