Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fire extinguisher location suggestions

Old 02-14-2014, 04:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SevenXL
Did Joe tell you it does not work if you have the newer seats? If you have plastic trim on your rails, the JK bracket will not work without modification.
I have a 2012 so I should be all set, I called Drake for some more info, their guy in charge of off-road stuff is an avid off roader, my question was about flipping the bracket and putting it on the passengers seat...

he told me that it will definitely work, I can't reach down to release it as I have the seat far enough forward that between the steering wheel and me, there really isn't enough room.

But as someone else said, the majority of the time there is nobody in the passenger seat.

so I have the drake mount and Jk bracket on the way, along with one of the BC cleaner but ridiculously expensive fire extinguishers...I will still have the standard ABC ones on my roll bars.

matthew
Old 02-14-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i like this concept im thinking on top of the lid of my storage box like

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
This is what I just installed . . . But it probably won't help unless you have a Tuffy Security Box

Attachment 529552Attachment 529553

behind console I like the black canister color is there a difference in the type and whats its good for ? is there different types of flame retardants

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-14-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is mine
Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AC/DC
Here is mine
Yes. That is where most of us have it, I'm just adding a closer one, and it doesn't leave behind the mess of the standard ones.

Matthew
Old 02-15-2014, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SevenXL
Did Joe tell you it does not work if you have the newer seats? If you have plastic trim on your rails, the JK bracket will not work without modification.
I believe the only question was what year I had...we talked for a little while about some other things to use the mount for
Old 02-15-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
behind console I like the black canister color is there a difference in the type and whats its good for ? is there different types of flame retardants
Th black is just for appearance . . They also sell in red and chrome

Mine is the HalGaurd which is better than most ABC/Dry Chem. extinguishers as it does not harm the electronics/wires and doesnt leave corrosive residue on the paint. I figured if something happened while I was wheeling alone (i know i know . . . ) that I would rather not extinguish a fire at the expense of ruining the electronics and still leaving me stranded. At least with he HalGaurd I may be able to limp home.

Auto Fire Extinguishers | HalGuard
Old 02-15-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
Th black is just for appearance . . They also sell in red and chrome

Mine is the HalGaurd which is better than most ABC/Dry Chem. extinguishers as it does not harm the electronics/wires and doesnt leave corrosive residue on the paint. I figured if something happened while I was wheeling alone (i know i know . . . ) that I would rather not extinguish a fire at the expense of ruining the electronics and still leaving me stranded. At least with he HalGaurd I may be able to limp home.

Auto Fire Extinguishers | HalGuard
I actually went with the HalGuard in chrome on purpose, I felt the need to delineate the ABC extinguishers from the non-ABC one(s)

I guess in part it's been ingrained in me that the remove before flight stuff is always red and due to the huge price difference between even a really good ABC and the smallest HalGuard, I want to quickly know which one to use.

if the Drake mount works, I am almost certain that I'll be mounting a medium sized red ABC extinguisher somewhere closer than the roll bars...

matthew
Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one in the typical rear roll bar location, and the other in a much quicker to access spot strapped to the drivers side seat rail.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i think if its gona burn !

let her burn I wont want the left overs : then the problems will be over

the obsession has to stop someway !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-15-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
let her burn I wont want the left overs : then the problems will be over

the obsession has to stop someway !
Ahh yes, but when you've got a big build, that is way more than any insurance company will cover, it's worth spending a little extra for good fire suppression.

i just got hung up on being able to get to it from the drivers seat quickly.

The Drake on the passenger side works out perfect for my needs.

matthew

Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher location suggestions