Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fire extinguisher location suggestions

Old 02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just used some heavy zip ties on the extinguisher mount, fixing it to the sport cage upright on the drivers side aft of the door. It is at headrest height. I can reach it in a hurry from the drivers door.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming it is your Jeep on fire:
1) Stop the Jeep if it's rolling.
2) Get out of the Jeep.
3) Video for later posting on YouTube.

If the fire is under the hood I'm not sure I would want to go back into the driver's seat for the extinguisher.

I would probably prefer tailgate mount like listing #5 here. This would allow for a larger, more effective extinguisher.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-t...uisher-295359/

BTW - Anyone look into Fire Gone. It's an aerosol foam extinguisher. You can get them at Wally World for under $25 for a 2 pack. Non-corrosive and washes off clean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2K5UyEvbg

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 02-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yankee
I just used some heavy zip ties on the extinguisher mount, fixing it to the sport cage upright on the drivers side aft of the door. It is at headrest height. I can reach it in a hurry from the drivers door.
Do you have wire cutters also zip tied right under it?
Old 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure he is referring to the mount itself being zip tied, and the mount would have a quick release on it.

I have a 2.5 lb Halguard mounted to the back roll bar using hose clamps on the mount (mount has the quick release).
I also have a 1 lb Halguard mounted on the side of my driver seat rail like the red one in the earlier post. I didn't like the Drake mount that was in front of the seat, I figured it would get in the way.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jonboy74
I'm sure he is referring to the mount itself being zip tied, and the mount would have a quick release on it.

I have a 2.5 lb Halguard mounted to the back roll bar using hose clamps on the mount (mount has the quick release).
I also have a 1 lb Halguard mounted on the side of my driver seat rail like the red one in the earlier post. I didn't like the Drake mount that was in front of the seat, I figured it would get in the way.
Probably but I've seen both, so you never know.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a small dry chem powder filled one that fits neatly in the rear passenger drink holder.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I got rid of the ash tray I could fit 2.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i like the in front of seat one but i bet id kick it when i pull my foot back from

the clutch I have a habit of kicking my foot back there to avoid keeping my foot on that pedal ,does anyone have a clue if they are temperature sensitive to extream cold conditions as we have here in northern NewEngland ? We see temps well below zero all winter and its something im not interested in trying to keep warm transporting in and out of the house daily ! though when you need it you need it .
Old 02-08-2014, 06:00 AM
Former Vendor

We sell a kit that mounts an extinguisher on the side of the driver's seat. No drilling required.

Old 02-08-2014, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by tgrt
We sell a kit that mounts an extinguisher on the side of the driver's seat. No drilling required.

Yes that is a nice mount, but the thought here is about being able to get your hands on the fire extinguisher from the drivers seat if for some reason you are stuck and can't get the door open,,

I'm sitting in my Jeep right now and if it was on the side of the seat there is no way I could get to it with the door closed.

If you came out with a bracket that attached from the front of the driver or better yet the passenger seat that would be great!

Also, if you have the drivers seat all the way down, does that effect your bracket?

Matthew

Last edited by Matthewd5; 02-08-2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Small ommison

Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher location suggestions