Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finding info about jeep by vin

Old 01-07-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding info about jeep by vin

I have from factory stock 4.10's. Been trying to install my superchips 3870 the tire size works when I correct it but when I go from 3.73 to 4.10 she won't shift into 3rd and lose my tip shift on the shifter.

Been going back and forth with superchips on fixing with options and updates but want to check my vin someway to make sure I have 4.10 in the rear which I what I ordered.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vehicle info. Keep the key on, it will check for the vin. Vin should pop up.

OR

When you first plug the flashpaq in, the vin should pop up on the screen if its married properly
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Hey Nick sorry I can't help with the superchips problem, but to get the details on your JK you can request a build sheet directly from Jeep - just input your info and request a build sheet from their site here.
http://www-5.jeep.com/webselfservice...ull&category=U

Last edited by Sirb; 01-07-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2012+ will go into limp mode if the gear ratio that it's programmed to doesn't match the actual gear ratio, preventing shifting higher than second.

Are you sure you have 4.10s? and if you do have them from the factory you shouldn't be changing your gear ratio programming at all.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

This may be the same site noted above:
https://www.moparownerconnect.com/OC...nersLogin.aspx

I also needed a build sheet and found that if I register on the site, I could download the build sheet immediately off the web.

Good luck.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'll check it out
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Christarp
2012+ will go into limp mode if the gear ratio that it's programmed to doesn't match the actual gear ratio, preventing shifting higher than second. Are you sure you have 4.10s? and if you do have them from the factory you shouldn't be changing your gear ratio programming at all.
Yea that's what I ordered from the factory and Ron from superchips said the same. Do a quick tune and the tuner will automatically sync with the computer I feel it shifts a little high though

Quick Reply: Finding info about jeep by vin