Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally a heavy duty tie rod that works with 15” wheels

Old 12-27-2020, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I’m in eastern pa, allentown so an hour north of Philly. Where in the winter the roads are heavily brined and salted to an ungodly level where your vehicle just looks white. I guarantee that if it wasn’t powder coated it would have started rusting in a few weeks. In my area the forecast may call for a chance of snow showers and they brine the roads. The winters here are just disasterous on vehicles. I have a little stick shift Jeep Patriot however it’s hard to not always want to drive the wrangler.
Old 12-30-2020, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarMlke
Typically I tell others to powder coat or replate new products before installing on their jeep. This is one instance I didn't follow my owe suggestion. We'll have to keep an eye on our Metalcloak Zinc components as I would be very disappointed if they start rusting etc.
I have a MC zinc plated under hood compressor/SPOD brackets. They are weathering ok, not great.

Quick Reply: Finally a heavy duty tie rod that works with 15” wheels