Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally going for a real lift, but which/how

Old 08-16-2012, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally going for a real lift, but which/how

Right now I´m running a Eibach 1.5" lift and 33" tires on the rugged ridge wheels.
It´s a daily driver and I´m only 3-4 times in a mild 4x4 park here in Germany.
No hard crawlin, just some small stones, sand and mud.

Probably my racecar is sold an I can put some money in the next money pit ehmm project.

So how should I go on ?

I have a couple of thoughts about it.

1. a very mild setup.
Only a 2" OME lift or Rough Country 2.5" lift. Maybe tuned with King shocks. OME is the better one (??) and Rough country the cheaper one and more complete. Can´t get other ones because of road legal reasons.
Go back to 285/70/17 tires. Maybe on other wheels. Rigth now they a 1" wider than the fenders and this is not allowed here.
With the smaller tires my bike rack would fit again which I also use quite regulary. And alos with this tire size I get a wider variety of tires. 33" and 35" we only get Cooper STT in Germany.

2. is a standard setup which most 4x4 garages here offer.
3.5" AEV lift with 35" tires. Nice one with all options on such a lift height. But....... C Gusstes ?? new driveshaft (maybe in some time) ?? Will it fit in parking garage ?? Need for a new tire carrier and so on.........
And still having the tires sticking out..........

3. A "low" setup I was thinikng about.
Again I´ll go with the 2-2.5" OME / RC lift. Again going for King shokcs (if I´ll get enough money). Flat fenders and 35" tires.
So I won´t have any hassle with driveshafts, a bit more luck wiht parking garages and so on. The problem with the wide tires is fixed.
But I also nee the new tire carrier and the bike rack won´t fit ( with installed spare).
Also I have to coordinate everything myself and care for the road legal stuff. And it´s maybe a real difficult work.
Version 1 & 2 I just give it to a garage and get it back when everything is done including road legal check/papers.

Price........hmmmmmmm
Version 1 would be 1000-1500$ cheaper. 2 & 3 probably the same.
And I hope I can pay all that from the money from the sold car and parts. ( don´t ask me about the German prices )

Bumpers and maybe a winch and rock rails will also come. If there is money left right now, otherwise with anual bonus or so.

Quick Reply: Finally going for a real lift, but which/how