Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally ditched AEV drop brackets

Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally ditched AEV drop brackets

Well, I finally got around to ditching my AEV drop brackets. My Rock Krawler CA's are now freed!! I haven't noticed any real difference on-road and now I have more clearance for off-road. I'm sure they do well for those who don't want to spend $ on CA's, but it was time for me to evolve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1405113031.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	399956
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good and now you have less hanging below your Jeep.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the brackets.... they can save a poor cop like me lots of money as my jeep evolves....i don't HAVE to buy lower control arms until I go over 4.5 " of lift. Which I will never do.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

After 1000 miles of on-road driving; I indeed have noticed a difference. Without the brackets, it's a little more squirrelly and dramatic switching lanes and turning at speed and going across expansion joints and railroad tracks. Bottom line; the brackets do what they are intended to do for on-road driving but I am still happy I took them off due to my desire to expand off-road capability. For those that that mostly do on-road, I would recommend them.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
After 1000 miles of on-road driving; I indeed have noticed a difference. Without the brackets, it's a little more squirrelly and dramatic switching lanes and turning at speed and going across expansion joints and railroad tracks. Bottom line; the brackets do what they are intended to do for on-road driving but I am still happy I took them off due to my desire to expand off-road capability. For those that that mostly do on-road, I would recommend them.
you need to adjust your caster then...

Quick Reply: Finally ditched AEV drop brackets