Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally back in a Jeep

Old 07-14-2016, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back in a Jeep

Its been a few years, but I am finally back in a 07 jku rubi. The previous owner has some mall crawler 20" XD wheel setup that I will selling. Previously I had 15" d cut black rock 952. However, they were steel and heavy. I am going to run 35s, so I am wanting to offset the unsprung weight a bit and perhaps get some alloy wheels this time around.

With that being said, I wanted to stick with a 15" or 16" inch setup. 9 or 10 wide is preferred for a better contact patch. I have always like the dcut classic look, but wasnt sure if there was a good alloy option with that.

Suggestions?

Also, this one is a hard top. I am looking for a quick soft mini top to cover the cab in the summer from rain. Looking for easy on/off via straps as it will be only for non-winter months. Any suggestions on soft tops/mini tops/covers?

I have a lot of catching up to do on reading here. Anxious to get my wheel setup ordered and drop these suburb mall crawlers.

Thanks all!
Nathan
Old 07-14-2016, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

There is some good info on 15" rims in this one. Note the list of rims they guarantee will fit without rubbing the brakes.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...wheels-120933/

On another note - tire mfg's seem to moving away from 15's and 16's. I had 16's, and found that the tire selection got more and more limited (compared to 17") as I moved up from 33's to 35's to 37's. So just a heads-up to think long-term before deciding.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
There is some good info on 15" rims in this one. Note the list of rims they guarantee will fit without rubbing the brakes.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...wheels-120933/

On another note - tire mfg's seem to moving away from 15's and 16's. I had 16's, and found that the tire selection got more and more limited (compared to 17") as I moved up from 33's to 35's to 37's. So just a heads-up to think long-term before deciding.
Thanks..I remember this thread from a few years ago. Most of the alloy wheels that DTD are dull and dont compliment the jeep wheel. However, Ill check some more of the more recent posts.

Good to know about mgrs moving away from smaller diameter tires. That might force my hands into getting 17s, though I rather not. But, if there are no tires for 15s or 16s, then I dont have much of a choice.

Quick Reply: Finally back in a Jeep