Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

final lift decision help--correction brackets

Old 10-28-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default final lift decision help--correction brackets

So i have pretty much made up my mind on the AEV 2.5" dual sport suspension on 12 2dr rubi with 33's. my final question is to whether or not to pull the trigger on the geometry correction brackets for a 2.5" lift. technically wifes jeep i get to wheel on weekends, so everyday livability is a big part of it. also has steel bumper F/R and a winch--so heavier than stock

so--is it worth the $100 for the geometry correction brackets?
Old 10-28-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I learned to do my mods one at a time so I could accurately evaluate them. I did the same with my AEV brackets and could definitely tell a difference.

I think Rancho makes them too for a few dollars less but I went with AEV from Northridge 4X4 because tyhe always has them in stock and when you factor in the free shipping, they cost about the same. Good luck.

**edit** they do affect your ground clearance to some degree.

Last edited by LidLess07X; 10-28-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The brackets are totally worth the money. They have strong points and drawbacks.

With brackets the castor will end up at a very drive-able angle and the Jeep will handle great. They also drop the rear upper and lower control arm mounts so the line between the axle mount and frame mount stays level with a 2.5" lift. This is why they are called geometry correction brackets.

On the other hand, a couple inches of ground clearance is lost because of the dropped mounting points. Also, the brackets are not quite as strong as the stock mounting points. The manufacturer specializes in expedition mods, which is different than modding for the rocks.

For cross-country trail running and light rock scrambling they are great and the Jeep probably handles better than any other lift option*, but if rock-crawling is the reason for the build then adjustable control arms are probably a better way to go.

The spring and shock combination is great regardless of how you correct the steering geometry. They did their homework tuning the springs and shocks to each other.

*edit: For the price.

Last edited by Freewill; 10-28-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I installed the brackets a couple months ago..... Big difference...especially when hitting objects with the front suspension.... Really takes the "jarring impacts" down a notch
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

It's money well spent. In addition to the comments already made, the brackets really help during hard braking. No nose dive whatsoever. I've been running the AEV 2.5 lift with the brackets and couldn't be happier.
Regards,
Jim

Quick Reply: final lift decision help--correction brackets