Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fierce attitude m/ts or goodyear duratracs

Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, all good choices. I have the duratrac (275/70-18)

Having spoken to Goodyear who owns all three, there are minimal except stuff that may be important to you in your area.

Duratrac is their best material. By best, they say, remains soft and pliable in snow and cold weather. The duratrac is the only snowflake rated tire. The compound is best of the bunch for wear as well.

Remember, this is from the company, not me. I recall asking them why, if one is clearly better, would they be so close in price? Same basic tire, tread, price, yet one is better? Why not pick the better option?

Real world review of duratrac is awesome. Sand, snow, rain, etc. works in all I've put it through. I've had it for 18k over past 14 months. Rotate 5 way every 6k, almost to the mile (just worked out that way.)

No sign of tread wear. No visible wear. Only sidewall rubs where they have rubbed against obstacles or curbs.

No road noise compared to stock duellers.

Love them. Will buy again next time as well.

-FD

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-15-2013, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by torque77
Guys thanks for all the info I believe I'm gonna go with the duratracs!
I have the Fierce Attitudes in 35". These are my first over sized tires since my 2dr JK is my first 4x4 I just drove almost 500 miles round trip to the Adirondacks and they handled doing 80 on the I-90 quite well. Minimal road noise. I did not do much wheeling tho just camped out. And I do believe they are spied as well. However these will not be my winter tires because I think I'll switch back to stock rims to help my XDs look better longer. I'm also in WNY, where abouts are you located?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BadBarret

I have the Fierce Attitudes in 35". These are my first over sized tires since my 2dr JK is my first 4x4 I just drove almost 500 miles round trip to the Adirondacks and they handled doing 80 on the I-90 quite well. Minimal road noise. I did not do much wheeling tho just camped out. And I do believe they are spied as well. However these will not be my winter tires because I think I'll switch back to stock rims to help my XDs look better longer. I'm also in WNY, where abouts are you located?
I'm in the buffalo area.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by torque77

I'm in the buffalo area.
Wow we are pretty close haha. I'm right between Buffalo and Rochester, Wyoming county
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
JK Freak

I remember seeing a tire performance comparison ahile back, and the Goodyear Duratrac is the only one that received maximum scoring in EVERY category. Probably the BEST all around tire you can buy. IMHO better than the MT\R Kevlar mainly because the MT\R's really suck in icy conditions and are extremely pricey compared to the Duratrac.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the Duratracs, KM2s, and Hankook MTs. Duratracs are definitely my favorite on and off the road.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently running the fierce attitudes in a 35x12.5 they are awesome wheel with them great in mud snow and sand. Also mine are also used as a daily driver hardly have worn in the year I have had them and they are also a Goodyear by product.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

This is the best video I have found on the Duratracs.
I'm running the Fierce Attitude 35x12.5x17 because we don't get snow here but lots of Mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RLuzD5tbg <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/32RLuzD5tbg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/32RLuzD5tbg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RLuzD5tbg

Hope that helps.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump this one up.

I currently have 33" DuraTracs and have been impressed with them on the snow and ice so far this year.

But I'm thinking of jumping to 35s and the Fierce Attitude would be around $300 cheaper for 4 tires.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

So...what mounted and sitting diameter have each of the 35-inch Duratracs, Safari TSR and Attitudes yielded?

Quick Reply: Fierce attitude m/ts or goodyear duratracs