Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fierce attitude m/ts or goodyear duratracs

Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough decision, I am in the same boat. Can't decide :-/
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to consider: the Duratracs have a lot more siping, which significantly improves performance in wet and icy conditions. I know I've been extremely happy with how mine work in the torrential rains we get every so often here in south Louisiana.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we get alot of rain in south carolina as well and ive had no issues with the fierce mts , also the duratracs tread blocks arw alot closer together and wont clean out as well if you like sloppin , the attitudes do awesome in mud . they arent loud and they look very good . you couldnt go wrong with either but they are different tires , the duratracs are more of an aggressive all terrain and the fierce attitudes are more for mud and sloppy terrain
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk
we get alot of rain in south carolina as well and ive had no issues with the fierce mts , also the duratracs tread blocks arw alot closer together and wont clean out as well if you like sloppin , the attitudes do awesome in mud . they arent loud and they look very good . you couldnt go wrong with either but they are different tires , the duratracs are more of an aggressive all terrain and the fierce attitudes are more for mud and sloppy terrain
I'm from Spartanburg where you from
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJeepJunkie
I'm from Spartanburg where you from
graniteville , right outside aiken . i gotta get up that way and hit the gultches
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the duratracs and they were awesome tire got a little loud as the miles went on but were great in all weather conditions. I was told that the fierce are pretty much the same tire but I liked the looks of the duratracs better. I don't think you can go wrong with the duratracs
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

The sister tire to the duratracs are the Kelly Safari TSR which are both considered all terrain tires…. The Fierce Attitude is more of a mud terrain tire.

That being said the duratracs and safaris are going to both perform very well in the snow/rain and on road in general. they also do a very good job off road.

The Fierce attitudes are not going to be as good in the snow/rain because they are not siped like the duratracs and TSR's but they are not an overly aggressive mud terrain tire either so they will still do very well on road.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

The dura tracs. Do they wear nice ad last awhile??

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was considering Duratrac, until i found MTR Kevlar.. Cheaper.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinajk

graniteville , right outside aiken . i gotta get up that way and hit the gultches
Oh over in Lauren's let me know when you go PM me and we will go and we are having a jeep show may 18th at Joe Cruisers in spartanburg

Quick Reply: Fierce attitude m/ts or goodyear duratracs