Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fender flares

Old 04-27-2013, 10:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cutting fenders is a good option, personally I went w/ Poison spyder tube fenders. They come bare so I sandblasted them and hit them with primer and duplicolor bedliner.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-28-2013, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tnt008

I heard they flap on the highway. With that said, I was thinking about doing it, then bedlining them. Any thoughts on that???
I ran mine without fender supports. They wiggle on highway but don't make any noise
Old 04-28-2013, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Did you cut yours?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tnt008

I heard they flap on the highway. With that said, I was thinking about doing it, then bedlining them. Any thoughts on that???
I only know one person who actually had a problem with that. Easy solution was to put a little gorilla glue between the this flare plastic and the ribbed thicker support plastic. He doesn't have any problems now. He also cut his really narrow. I havnt had any problems with mine flapping but I didn't cut much of the supports.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Definitely cut them! The first cut is the hardest, but if you take your time they will turn out fine. As others have said, I used a dremel to cut, kept the supports, and used door trim to clean up the edges. However, depending on the door trim you use, the adhesive may come loose after a while. I simply pulled the loose section and applied a gel super glue and reapplied.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

Is there a write up on how to do it.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Flexer07
I watched several videos on YouTube and read some write-ups on here. I took what I liked from different ones. I took the most from a lengthy video from a guy with a white JK, maybe JKU. Also, I cut mine with the fenders still on the vehicle. Essentially you use painter's tape to mark off the style you want and go to it with the dremel. Then, cut the support back on the front. The rears were VERY easy to do as there were no support structures to cut. Good luck!!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flexer07
Best write up is Eddie's on Project-JK. Very detailed with lots of pics!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Green Monster
Definitely cut them! The first cut is the hardest, but if you take your time they will turn out fine. As others have said, I used a dremel to cut, kept the supports, and used door trim to clean up the edges. However, depending on the door trim you use, the adhesive may come loose after a while. I simply pulled the loose section and applied a gel super glue and reapplied.

Did you do your grill yourself?? Bedlined??

Quick Reply: Fender flares