Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fender flare removal

Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender flare removal

I have an 07 wrangler rubicon 2-door. I'm tired of catching the fender flares on trees so I'm going to take all of them off. Is there any way to cover up the holes where a fender fender flare would go. Like some kind of black plastic that lays flat with the body? Any help would be great!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting idea. Check the laws you may be opening yourself up to a few tickets with those meats hanging out the sides
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

There is no fender law in Texas for jeeps.

Skunkwerks had these out several years ago, but they never went into production. I would like something simple like this:

Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Kudos to skunkwerks on the idea, but I think their design coulda been better executed. Any more contenders for filling the gaps?? Oh yeah, it is illegal here in VA but I never got stopped when I had 1 flare ripped off. I live more so in the rural area, so I'm not 100% worried about legalities
You could get the 3" TrailMods fenders. I plan on going that route when the Jeep fund is back to full.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

You will not only get ticketed in Utah, but you will fail the mandatory state inspection each year.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by largo
You will not only get ticketed in Utah, but you will fail the mandatory state inspection each year.
Good thing he lives in Texas.

Quick Reply: Fender flare removal