Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fender Door Edging

Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fender Door Edging

Just wondering if anyone has had the door edging come off their trimmed fenders? I am going to be trimming mine in a week, and want to purchase the door edging, but not sure where to get the best kind. Also, do you need to glue this, or does the adhesive work o.k. with a blow dryer?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

It will come off...alot of people add glue...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

This bothers me. I hate doing a "mod" that I feel is not permanent or as professional as I can do it. To have my fender edging coming off randomly would drive me nuts. Not sure I want to do the trimming unless I can find a way to ensure it will stay put. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add silicone....or maybe gorilla glue. The edging will come off in areas, but this is due more to the crappy adhesive that comes in it.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mines coming off so thinking of taking the whole thing off and crazy glue the hell out of it
Old 04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default falling off

Originally Posted by largo
Just wondering if anyone has had the door edging come off their trimmed fenders? I am going to be trimming mine in a week, and want to purchase the door edging, but not sure where to get the best kind. Also, do you need to glue this, or does the adhesive work o.k. with a blow dryer?
Mine is always falling off. Seems to be in the same spot at the bend each time. I just push it back on. I am sure it is plugged with dirt in there now so it doesn't stick anymore
Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine always fell off. Its the reason I got my Bushwacker flat fender flares. Theres enough maintenance I have to do with greasing flex joints and torquing suspension bolts and keeping rust/ bare metal off the under side of the JK after wheeling trips. I didnt need another maintenance item on the list.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nicholsmf
Haven't trimmed my fenders yet but during a completely different, non vehicle related, modification I had done in the past I had to trim some thick black plastic.

I trimmed it, then sanded it as smooth as possible, the fired up a propane torch and ran the flame back and forth across the sanded edges and it smoothed it out very nice.

Might be worth a try for someone. That's what I plan to do when I trim my fenders.
What he said...I'm not putting fender trim on my chop..going to sand and flame....it doesn't look that bad now without it....
Old 04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

x3 Forget the door trim and just sand it smooth. Flame it if you want.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

wsutwiggy, Thanks. I might just give you a PM when I am ready to do this. I am concerned about the liner and how to get it back on. Appreciate all the comments and will let you all know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Fender Door Edging