Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Feature comparison Diablo vs Superchips vs Hypertech

Old 10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feature comparison Diablo vs Superchips vs Hypertech

It is so hard to figure out a head to head comparison. I hear they all work but are there any features missing or annoying things that come up using them. Lets stick to details if there are any.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I guess you will not go wrong with any of them. Nice to know?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Superchips and based on my earlier pre-purchase research it seemed to be the most feature complete programmer. I can't draw you a feature to feature comparison but it seems that the majority of the folks out there have the Superchips unit over the others.

Look at all the features you get:

http://www.superchips.com/Store/Flashpaq.aspx
Old 10-06-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

It came down to Diablo or Superchips for me. If I had a bunch of engine mods (i.e. headers, bigger throttle body, supercharger) I would probably go with Diablo because it can be tweaked and customized in many more ways than the Superchips tuner. However, for simplicity and minor mods (CAI, exhaust) I went with Superchips. It's got the 3 quick tunes I wanted: 91 performance, Towing, and Rock Crawling.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm also stuck deciding between SC and Diablo. I'm leaning more towards Diablo because the Vivid tuner scares me. I hate when companies try to do all-in-one devices, it seldom turns out well for the intended use.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it all depends on what you're looking for... I have a Hypertech Max Energy tuned in my 07 Sahara and it did what I wanted it to.. Tire adjustment, gear ratio adjustment, and alittle extra kick in its step to take the edge off the change in tire size. Diablo is no doubt the best option due to its vast range of adjustments you can tune into your jeep right down to blinker adjustments. They all do the same basic functions; tire size, 87, 89 and/or 91 octane tunes, check engine code reader, gear ratio adjustment, cooling fan temp adjustments. However I do not have an offroad or rock crawling tune. Might come in handy. Overall I am pretty pleased with the Hypertech unit, I got 15 more horses and 3mpg out of it.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Superchips Representative

The VIVID tuning is an app adaption from our existing products for the Android devices. The same Superchips quality in a new shiny box.

VIVID works wirelessly just like the Jeep Flashpaq does with a more stimulating appearance and it includes some additional features that wouldn't have looked or worked as well in the Flashpaq platform.

If the VIVID is not your cup of tea, the Flashpaq will still be available for those looking for the more traditional approach.

Scott

Originally Posted by r3cluse
I'm also stuck deciding between SC and Diablo. I'm leaning more towards Diablo because the Vivid tuner scares me. I hate when companies try to do all-in-one devices, it seldom turns out well for the intended use.

Last edited by Scott@Superchips; 10-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 AM
JK Freak

Now if only you would release it for the 2011's. I've been sitting on my flashpaq since march waiting for it.

Quick Reply: Feature comparison Diablo vs Superchips vs Hypertech