Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which tire?
Dick Cepek FC-II
18.52%
Goodyear DuraTrac
81.48%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

FC-II or Duratracs

Old 03-12-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard the the FC-II is a better lasting tire for highway driving. Anyone heard different ? I put on alot of highway mileage and some comments say the Duratrac softer tread makes them wear out faster.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

I bought the Duratracs and love them. Quiet as stock and the price was better than the FCII. Mileage will vary based on individual usage, but I expect they are pretty close. I liked the more aggressive tread pattern on the GY and they are made in the USA. I would guess the DCs are too, but I'm not sure.

Order from discount tire direct. I got $50 off a set of 5 and if you join Tread lightly.org you can get a $100 mail in rebate for GY. I got my 5--- 315/70r-17 delivered for $1265 and I have $100 rebate heading my way. $1165 final price. The FCIIs were closer to $1500 with no rebates or discounts that I could find. That buys a bumper or tire carrier or whatever else you want.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
I bought the Duratracs and love them. Quiet as stock and the price was better than the FCII. Mileage will vary based on individual usage, but I expect they are pretty close. I liked the more aggressive tread pattern on the GY and they are made in the USA. I would guess the DCs are too, but I'm not sure.

Order from discount tire direct. I got $50 off a set of 5 and if you join Tread lightly.org you can get a $100 mail in rebate for GY. I got my 5--- 315/70r-17 delivered for $1265 and I have $100 rebate heading my way. $1165 final price. The FCIIs were closer to $1500 with no rebates or discounts that I could find. That buys a bumper or tire carrier or whatever else you want.
That's a really good price, I paid closer to 1500 for mine, including sales tax. But I must say I love the Duratracs. I just changed over from KM2's, and the ride quality and noise is 10 x better! I also purposely got the Duratracs bc of the number of times the KM2's almost sent my sliding off the road on wet pavement.

Quick Reply: FC-II or Duratracs