Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Faulty Computer?

Old 05-05-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faulty Computer?

Hey guys, my names Travis and I've been a member for a while I just normally keep to myself and read posts. However, I have a problem. I have a 2007 JK and a few days ago I noticed it was hesitating to accelerate and then would lurch forward all of a sudden. The next day it only got worse and was actually dangerous trying to accelerate to get on the highway. By the end of the night it was too bad to keep driving and my check engine light started flashing and beeping. I brought the jeep to the mechanic where he charged me $300 for a full tune up which he realized didn't fix the problem. Today he told me he thought the computer was bad because only the left half of my engine was running. He said that I'll have to bring it to a dealer to get a new computer programmed. Also, I had a rebuilt engine put in about 6 months ago because I hydrolocked the original, but my mechanic says that's not what's causing this. I'm only 19 and I used all the money I had to get a rebuilt engine, I'd appreciate any help or advice from you guys, thank you!
Old 05-05-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Can you be a little more specific?

"...it was hesitating to accelerate and then would lurch forward all of a sudden."

Do you mean the engine rpm increased, the Jeep hesitated to move, then the Jeep lurched forward?

What do you have for a transmission?
With the check engine light, there will be a code set. Do you know what the trouble code is?

Quick Reply: Faulty Computer?