Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fathers Day....More Like Christmas!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fathers Day....More Like Christmas!!!!

I'm a lucky man....my wife hooked me up with the Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex kit with RE shocks, Rancho diff covers, a rancho oil pan skid plate, my choice of tires and wheels. Father's Day felt more like the best Christmas in my life!

Three part question here....
First, I was reading the mounting instructions for the Ranch Oil pan skid and uh.....it's attached by sylicon?!?! On my last jeep it bolted on. Seems like it's the kind of thing that could fall off...what's your recomendation? (I'm not opposed to sending it back for something more durable.)

Second, my jeep is black, hence the name "Black Ice" and I want some black rims that perform well both on-road and off. I kind of like the look of the KMC XD796 Revolver series. Are any of you running KMC's? Do you like em? What else would you recommend?

Finally, tires....? Years ago I ran MT Baja Claws but the street ate them faster than the rocks, dirt and mud combined. What's a good tire now-a-days? I'd like to go with 35's.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a great day you had there

BFG KM2's for tires, you should get about 60k out of them

not a fan of KMC's Walker evans are REALLY NICE powder coated black
Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Freak

Very nice, if you do a lot of wheeling, I've always been a fan of black steelies just since they are so cheap to replace, and I actually really like the look.

I'm also a big fan of the KM2's. I've heard great things about the Toyos as well though.

I'll be seeing about 60K from my KM2's.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NGINIER
Very nice, if you do a lot of wheeling, I've always been a fan of black steelies just since they are so cheap to replace, and I actually really like the look.

I'm also a big fan of the KM2's. I've heard great things about the Toyos as well though.

I'll be seeing about 60K from my KM2's.
I didn't know km2's could last for 60,000 miles. Is this really true? If so, I'm stoked, but need to start rotating in my spare so I can upgrade to 37's after the 5 years it will take to wear these out!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For tires I have heard that the new Good Year MTR-K blows the KM2 out of the water.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Silicone is STRONG !
Just make sure the parts you are mating are clean and dry.
Use something to hold the parts together for 24 hours.
Will be bonded for life.
To separate you can run some wire fishing line between the parts and "cut" the silicone.

*Do not use "silicone lubricant". That's different stuff.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

The Cooper Discoverer STT's are also very good tires. Especially for mud. Quiet on the street and light wieght when compared to another same size tire. They also cost less. Great all around tire. Toyo MTs and the KM2s are great tires too. As for the MT/R kevlars, I was considering buy them (37"s) but I think its better to wait since they are new and we have to see they live up to the hype.

Procomp makes all black wheels too that are very nice. KMCs look kinda blingish to me. More like for mall crawling than for rock crawling.

Last edited by jayrav; 06-22-2009 at 05:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Fathers Day....More Like Christmas!!!!