Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fast Rukse Snorkel Review

Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fast Rukse Snorkel Review

Hey all,

I acquired a snorkel from a company called Rukse. As far as I can tell, it is just the eBay Chinese AEV knockoff being sold for $350 (not what I paid for it by a long shot). They claim a lifetime warranty, high quality ABS, blah blah blah. Inside is smooth, exterior is very porous looking.

Install instructions are AEV's without the pictures and the template uses 2" holes instead of 1.75" holes (as AEV does).

It has "WRANGLER JK" molded into the side.

Anyone else seen these?

Pictures at 11.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

For that kind of money, why wouldn't you go with the aev? And keep our money in the US.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I whole heartily agree.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Junkie

I sure you didn't pay $350 for it. I've run the knock-off version for over a year now and have had no issues. It fits perfectly, all the hardware is quality (no rust), kept the airbox dry and for a plastic tube, saved a lot over AEV. There are plenty of snorkel threads that discuss the knock-off vs AEV.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

No, I did not pay $350 for it. I knew what I was looking at and the seller (on CL) did not, so I got it cheap.

I have seen the other threads, but this is the first time I saw a company selling it and not an eBay store.

I do plan on installing it and expect no issues. I will put a UV protection coating on it though.

Quick Reply: Fast Rukse Snorkel Review