Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Falken Wildpeak feedback in mud?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falken Wildpeak feedback in mud?

I was planning on getting a set of super swampers for my truck, but they are on national back order for the model i want. So i am considering a set of Falken Wild Peaks. My main concern is how they do in mud, as they are an all terrain tire. I mostly run dirt roads, wooded trails, and mud. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Matt
Old 07-06-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

bump this!!! i would like to know
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I have a set of these on my pick-up,there are great smooth and quiet on the highway,very good in snow and mud.Planning put a set of 37" on our JK next year
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every review I have seen in magazines has been susprised how they do in all the different terrains they test (street, ice, snow, rock, mud, sand)...
Old 07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Went mudding with a buddy of mine last weekend who has the Falkens on his TJ. I have to say they were not bad at all. They got him around the soaked field pretty good and cleared out with skinny pedal love pretty well too. For an A/T I'd have to say they are second only to the BFG but when you compare the price falkens have the upper hand. Pretty big difference from a super swamper to a falken AT though.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

yeah i think im going to put a set on mine, the only down side is they are heavy for an at, 74lbs for a 295/70/17 :/
Old 07-06-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Originally Posted by da wrangler
yeah i think im going to put a set on mine, the only down side is they are heavy for an at, 74lbs for a 295/70/17 :/
That has advantages,no side wall damage.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just got through a thread convincing a guy that tire weight really isn't that important on a jeep and you go and bring it up again. Anyway, it is heavy because of its sidewall strength. The tire is really designed to take a beating on rocks yet be dead quiet on the highway. It is not a great mud tire but it does okay. It will fill up though where an MT will throw the mud out.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No a/t tire will do great in the mud. That being said.... I have a friend that runs them and I was impressed how they did in mud
Old 07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set of 35 inch Rocky Mountains, which is VERY similar to the Wildpeaks (someone correct me if I am wrong) and they are pretty good in mud. They are not to be compared to a true mud tire, but for everyday performance, ie. daily driver, they are wonderful.

Quick Reply: Falken Wildpeak feedback in mud?