Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Falken Wild Peak A/T VS Nitto Terra Grapplers

Old 03-19-2015, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very happy with my Wild Peak 295/70/17. They are quiet on the street and do very well in the dirt.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Went from Falkens to Cooper ST Maxx recently. Both are very quiet tires but the Coopers look much more aggressive.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default Decided on a different path 15x10

Well I have to thank everyone for the great feed back. But I decided to change it up a bit and go with a 15X10 inch rim for a bit wider stance and 33/12.5R15 tire. I am still looking at the Falkens, and the coopers, and now some new ones because some other great tires reviewed unfortunately don't come in that size. So if anyone else wants to chime in and give some feedback about 15X10's that's cool but to those who have already posted thanks a million!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

you need a 17 inch rim if you are going to upgrade your brakes in the future.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:26 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by HolyMolyRacing
you need a 17 inch rim if you are going to upgrade your brakes in the future.
There can be issues with aftermarket rod ends as well. And also need to get a low enough backspacing/offset for the 15's to clear the calipers.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Going to 15 x 10 seems like it would only give disadvantages, only advantage being price. The wider stance comes from back spacing and offset, and like the others said you're really pushing the space limitations for other components. And if/when you move to a larger tire I think you'd want the 17 so there's not as much sidewall bulging.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had 285/70/17 Toyo AT2s now i have 33x12.5x15 Falken WildPeaks. The Falkens are a bit quieter but i think the toyos handled snow better. Overall I love my Falkens, a lot of people compliment their aesthetics.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default 315/75/16 WildPeaks

I have run 315/75R16 wildpeaks for 66k now on my 07 4-door. It is May 8th, and I have been saying since last November "I need to get some new tires." Finally ordered them today and will get them installed Monday.

Anyway.....

The WildPeaks were quiet (still are), and they stood up well in everything I asked them to do (not much in the way of mud). I was very happy with the wet traction, and they did very well in snow (and we got quite a bit of that 2 years ago). Sidewalls get a thumbs-up. The last 15k or so, though, the wet-weather traction has declined quite a bit - I squeal a lot and on wet pavement I have a tendency to fishtail a bit when I go around corners too fast, but I would imagine that is more me than the tires! I had hoped to get 50k out of them, so I am obviously very happy with the way they've done in the longevity department. I would give them an 8.8 out of 10. Great tire... especially if the vast majority of the time you are on the road.

My next set is going to be the Cooper ST Maxx. I was looking for something with a more aggressive look as I plan to do less highway mileage on this set. Plus, I just like to mix things up all the time. My spare is still going to be a WildPeak.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Default falkens

I have over 77000 miles on these tires. They aren't wearing out I am almost to the wearmarks but not yet/ They have outlasted my transmission, I have had them off road a lot surprised at how well they did in wetsnow and mud when they were newer maybe 35 k on them pretty amazing as far as longevity goes and pretty dam good in the dirt even with 77k on them.

Quick Reply: Falken Wild Peak A/T VS Nitto Terra Grapplers